Vita Uke humidifier

gigischill

Reaction score
I inherited a Roy Schmidt Vita Uke and need suggestions about proper humidity maintenance in the dry state of Texas. All suggestions appreciated.

Glenda

Pono tenor
Loprinzi soprano 60L-ss
Spanky banjo uke
Roy Schmidt Vita Uke

Check out the Ukulele Site: http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulele-care

You want to get a hygrometer for your house and possibly the ukulele case. You want humidity to remain between 40% and 60%.

Vendors sell humidifiers (Oasis) that hang inside ukuleles, as well as humidifiers that simply go in the case. These use distilled water.

Humidity is good for you, too. So you may want to consider a room humidifier.

Hi Glenda,

I live in California so I can totally relate to the humidity levels being low. Choirguy told you everything you will need to know. I personally use the oasis humidifier that goes in the soundhole because I feel that gives a much more even distribution of moisture. However Im sure that in case humidifers would do the job just fine. Best of luck!

Get an oasis humidifier and a good hard case, it will be fine. Oasis makes a version for violins that you attach with a magnet inside and a metal strip that clips or sticks inside your case. Make sure it's filled weekly.

The "seal-shaped" sound holes will prohibit using an internal humidifier....

The "seal-shaped" sound holes will prohibit using an internal humidifier....

I have a Mele soprano with 2 sound holes. While it does look neat a regular uke humidifier doesn't fit in either sound hole. Instead I have 2 violin humidifiers for her like this one:

trophyhumidifier.jpg

Better than nothing although this is the uke that motivated me to convert an empty closet into a small humidified room for my nicer ukes.

I also use Oasis, but seldom through the soundhole. As others have said, through the soundhole may not work on a Vita. Get a good case, and just lay down the Oasis in a spot in the case a little away from the uke.

Top Bottom