Hey don't you think

If there are still getting people standing outside stores every Sunday that Best Buy is advertising them, then I highly doubt it.

If people are still selling them in upwards of $350 on eBay, then I highly doubt it.

If the ratio of "casual" gamers (which the Wii targets) is still overshadowing the "hardcore" demographic (PS3 and 360) 2:1, then I highly doubt it.

wiiprintsmoney_vjenc-00.gif

I have a wii. The blue light has been blinking for almost a week now.

If there are still getting people standing outside stores every Sunday that Best Buy is advertising them, then I highly doubt it.

If people are still selling them in upwards of $350 on eBay, then I highly doubt it.

If the ratio of "casual" gamers (which the Wii targets) is still overshadowing the "hardcore" demographic (PS3 and 360) 2:1, then I highly doubt it.

this pretty much sums it up ^_^

haha wow i didnt know that, i always thought it meant there is a disc in there..... umm even tho there was none and it still lite up. haha. Thanks for sharing that info.

Well it could either mean you have a message from Nintendo or a friend, a new Mii, or an update is waiting to be downloaded.

Again, I'm going to reiterate:

Wii's hitting a VERY easy-to-target market: the casual gamer. Probably 60% of the people who have a Wii bought it just for the gimmick of Wii Sports and they've been perfectly comfortable playing that game alone for the past one to two years the Wii's been out. There are more casual gamers/families out there than the hardcore gamers who are looking for pretty graphics. Nintendo said from the very beginning of the Wii project that they weren't out to compete with Microsoft or Sony in the "next gen" fight. The graphics are inferior, the controls are severely dumbed down, but in reality, Mr. Joe Random's never played a video game one day in his life, but he'll play the hell out of Wii Sports. They (Nintendo) were looking to make games that were easy to pick up and play by just about anyone. The Wii is essentially Gamecube Service Pack 2 with Bluetooth capability.

Shoot, out here in the States, we get ads for Sunday sales in Friday's newspaper. Lately, they've been advertising Wii consoles for sale at a random store. You can bet your butt that early Sunday morning, there will be people waiting outside that door for one. It's been that way since 2006 when the Wii came out.

I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything like that. I have a Wii and a 360, and I plan to pick up a PS3 most likely this coming holiday season.

...I actually read and watch the news.

if wii's are like sold out everywhere then yeah its still a pretty big hit with anybody, a few people i know try to go to gamestop everyday and its still sold out. I know that a lot of nursing homes around here have wii's becuz of the wii sports and keeping those elderly people busy with active fun. maybe the games are numerous, but last time i heard halo 3 still had a lot of copies left, the companies jus try to make a bunch of games so they can make sure everyone is happy.

oh yeah misterlee when u get that ps3 haha lets play online.

Top Bottom