How do you multiply yourself?

TheWannabe90

Reaction score
I know this is not the first thread about video-editing
(yes, it is about video-editing what did you think it was about?:eek: ), I have been searching through the old ones but couldn't find what I was looking for.
I recently saw THIS on youtube...
I think it's awesome and was wondering if one you guys knows how to make those videos...

Probably the easiest is to use a split screen. I normally set the camera up and leave it running while I record the separate parts, making sure each yopp is positioned so he doesn't overlap. Then in editing I crop each part and position them so they all fit together.

Doing it in one camera take helps prevent me from slightly moving the camera and making it difficult to match everyone up.

The harder method is green screen. The main difficulty is mostly in the setup. You have to have a good green screen and lots of properly positioned lighting. Once thats all there, the actual editing isn't actually easier than split screen. Poor lighting or a green screen that isn't quite green enough makes removing the background difficult.

Here's a split screen video: City of New Orleans

and a chromakey/green screen: Pachelbel's cannon

Thanks for all the help so far...
By reading through all the comments on the video, I found that he uses
Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
Does anyone have some experience with that?

feathered edges

If you have software that allows you to make a mask with a feathered edge, you could get some pretty smooth seams. The camera needs to be locked down so it doesn't move between performances (if your camera has a remote control, that will help), and of course, your timing has to match the previous takes (headphones usually needed for that).

–Lori

After Effects - awesome

I would used After Effects as my program of choice. It is a bit expensive for some people, but if you are interested in compositing, special effects, animation and motion graphics it's great. I have been using it for 11 years, and use it in my work. I think you can get a 30 day trial version to test, and there are some free podcast tutorials on iTunes from CreativeCow.net (and they have much more info on their website). "Adobe Classroom in a Book" worked for me 11 years ago, and got me started.

Final Cut Pro is another choice if you are more into editing. Premier is the competitor to Final Cut. Motion comes with the FCP Studio, and it is a competitor of After Effects.

I haven't used Premier in years, but I am sure it gets the job done.

–Lori

Thanks for all the help so far...
By reading through all the comments on the video, I found that he uses
Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
Does anyone have some experience with that?
I have used the full function demo version. Lasts for 30 days. It will do just about anything you could want to do, but it is a pricey package. I would use it all the time if I could afford it.

I use sony vegas most of the time now.

I keep eating mayo until I weigh double what I did before I started eating.

Top Bottom