Brahms lullaby

Souper

Reaction score
What strum pattern would you use for it? It's 3/4 time and it says to play it sweetly. Thanks

There are many ways...I don't know how to write a fingerpick pattern, but a really sweet pattern would be this one from ukulele Mike...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8vRNDY-cDQ

You would just play it in 3/4..(each is one eighth not

P (4th String)IM
P(3rd String)
I
M
I
P (3rd String)

Are you just strumming the chords? It seems like the sort of thing where you would want to play the melody.

If you are just strumming the chords then a simple waltz strum should work fine. Strum D-du-du and count 1-2-and-3-and.

Are you just strumming the chords? It seems like the sort of thing where you would want to play the melody.

If you are just strumming the chords then a simple waltz strum should work fine. Strum D-du-du and count 1-2-and-3-and.

I don't have any tabs for it and I don't have any music knowledge. So it's just strumming
For now. Thanks

Hi, Souper!

I just explain very basic patterns. When we understand the basic patterns, we can improve it in any directions. This explanation uses basic 4/4 patterns. After you understand 4/4, you can easily understand 3/4 too.

image hosting free

1 shows very basic 4/4 pattern. But we don't normally use it on our ukulele.

Guitar and ukulele use 2 for basic pattern in usual, it may be because 1 is too simple. There are many patterns modified from 2.

One of the most useful pattern, derived from 2, is no.3. It is D-du-D-du, and it is called church lick strum pattern.

We can use this pattern on 3/4 too. I like D-D-du, and Jollyboys recommends D-du-du, both come from no. 2 pattern.

Last edited:
Top Bottom