Ncd

Nickie

Reaction score
New case day
I just got this new uke case for my dear little Cocobolo Ukulele, so that it wouldn't look like everyone else's, and maybe get grabbed by accident.
It's a Phitz, and it fits my uke like a glove. Here's some pics:
uke case 1.jpgukecase3.jpgukecase4.jpgukecase5.jpg

beautiful case... for a beautiful uke! :)

keep uke'in',

PS, you know, one day we'll all have to meet... somewhere!

That's a beauty.......it "phitz" your sparkling personality ;)

That's a nice one Nickie...........Phitz has quite a selection of cases.......many unique like yours.

I hadn't heard of the brand before, but that's for sure a beautiful case! More original than black, too. Good purchase. :)

Hi Nickie:

Its hard to tell from the pictures, it looks like your strap made from vinyl. I don't know what type of finish you have on your ukulele, but vinyl can interact with nitrocellulose lacquer finishes, so keep the strap away from your ukulele.

All the best, Luke

Funny, I was just looking at these on Amazon. It appears that you got the 'ostrich skin' pattern on yours Nickie.

How is the build quality? the seems/stitching and the gluing of the inside fur? how are the latches and hinges?

They seem pretty nice for the price. :)

Very cool. I predict somebody will give you grief about killing a poor, innocent ostrich and won't believe you that it's faux. Just tell them it's martian ostrich, which is why it's silver. ;-)

Very cool. I predict somebody will give you grief about killing a poor, innocent ostrich and won't believe you that it's faux. Just tell them it's martian ostrich, which is why it's silver. ;-)[/QUOTE

OK Eddie, make light of the Martian endangered species act!

"Hi Nickie:

Its hard to tell from the pictures, it looks like your strap made from vinyl. I don't know what type of finish you have on your ukulele, but vinyl can interact with nitrocellulose lacquer finishes, so keep the strap away from your ukulele.

All the best, Luke "

Luke, the strap is made of leather. I got it from the nice fellow at "Love My Ukulele". In fact, I bought 3!

Funny, I was just looking at these on Amazon. It appears that you got the 'ostrich skin' pattern on yours Nickie.

How is the build quality? the seems/stitching and the gluing of the inside fur? how are the latches and hinges?

They seem pretty nice for the price. :)

Booli, I can't find one questionable thing about this case. The latches and hinges are all very tight fitting, and it even has a lock and key. I think they are a good deal.

Thanks for all your nice compliments everyone, since I consider the Cocobolo to be kind of unique, I wanted a unique case. I've only seen one other Phitz, and it wasn't this color.
Oh, and only faux ostriches were killed for their cases....

I've only seen one other Phitz, and it wasn't this color.
Oh, and only faux ostriches were killed for their cases....

Nickie, I got this same case for my Mainland baritone. There must be a whole flock of nekkid silver ostriches running around on Mars!

Top Bottom