Help This Guy Get His Stolen Kanilea Back

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Gee, what a beautiful uke. Thanks for the heads up Phil. I'll keep the antenna up.
BTW, I would never leave a uke like that in a car, for a number of obvious reasons. Just saying

Yeah, tough. He's a local legend. I'm sure he knew better. I once saw a guy with a Kanilea at the Tampa Bay Uke Getaway that didn't have his case. He stood and laid it in precarious positions on and against chairs, etc., and I saw it get knocked over a few times. I was tempted to "rescue it" a few times, LOL, but I'm sure the security camera would have shown me in a bad light.

If I had to make a list of all the bad things in life, thieves would be very near the top. Hopefully they will catch the thief & the uke will be returned unharmed. One thing in the owners favor is the custom inlay on the fretboard. If the thief tries to pawn it, or sell it at a music store, that inlay is an easy identifier.

San Francisco has become a car break-in capitol. People smash a car window so they can get access to the lever in the passenger compartment that opens the truck. My previous car was broken into that way twice in 2014. I try to remember to disable the lever in the passenger compartment of my car if I have anything valuable in the trunk, and if I'm driving around with an ukulele, I take it with me from my car whenever possible. Melvin said he was at work when the ukulele was stolen, and maybe leaving it in his car was a better option than taking it into work with him. I'm local, so my ukulele friends and I are keeping our eyes open for it. I wonder why he hasn't posted on FB additional details about the ukulele. It would make it easier to identify. Anyway, thanks for posting!

Top Bottom