NUD - Pono RTSH (C) PC

UkeStuff

Reaction score
I saw Bev's posts about Dixie Ukulele's closeout sale, and started bothering her about what was in stock. I was hoping she would have a KoAloha (laminate) tenor that I could use as a daily player in my classroom...but the conversation moved to other tenors.

She was incredibly kind as I asked questions, waffled, researched, asked permission from my wife, and slept on things.

I decided that there was a Pono tenor with all of the trimmings: slotted headstock truss rod, radius fingerboard to be bought at a price that I couldn't resist. So I bought it.

Bev shipped it right away, but no one was home on the first delivery attempt, and they never rang the doorbell on the second...so I had to request that the ukulele be delivered to a nearby (15 miles) FedEx store to pick it up.

I have only played it for twenty minutes or so, but it is a keeper (and comes in a lovely Oahu case...my first "real" hard ukulele case). I am really enjoying the difference between it and my Opio Tenor...worlds of difference in sound between the two!

I was a little surprised to see the wound C string on the Pono...do most Pono players keep the wound string, or do they move to other non-wound strings? I suppose anything goes, but I know the Pono family is pretty big and established.

So..all that said, wonderful service from Bev and Dixie Ukulele, excellent packing, great ukulele, unbelievable price, and a very happy customer.

Here is a picture of my two "real" ukuleles together.

IMG_5219.jpg

Congrats Choirguy,
My Pono MGT came with a wound C. I wish I would have kept it on there longer.
And glad to hear you had such a good experience.
Enjoy. =)

Congratulations. That looks to be a very fine instrument. I also recently became wedded to a beautiful Pono Tenor. Mine is a Mango that sounds beautiful with the new set of Worth BTs. Keep on strumming!

Welcome to the "Pono Posse", excellent instruments, I own three of them. I like a wound third string when strung reentrant. If you want to try low G the Pono is a great uke to do it with. I would be very interested to hear your comparisions between your Koaloha Opio and the Pono tenor. Congratulations on your new beauty.

That is a great Uke, congratulations on the purchase. Pono Pro Classic Tenors are great value.

Congrats! I own a PC Pono with rosewood top. Great uke. Welcome to the club. I didn't care for the wound C at first, but now I'm willing to give it another go. Strum that uke daily!

Top Bottom