FS - KO’OLAU PONO RTSH-5 (C) PRO CLASSIC SOLID CEDAR TOP TENOR - CASE Optional

Status
Not open for further replies.

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Fs - ko’olau pono rtsh-5 (c) pro classic solid cedar top tenor w/ko'olau hard case

New price $700 + shipping. Includes hardshell Ko'olau Case.

TOP OF THE LINE PONO PRO CLASSIC

I purchased this beauty two years ago from John Kitakis at the Ko'olau factory. It is a factory second, but boy-oh-boy, I can't understand why. This ukulele is a beauty!! It is the top of the line, Pono Pro Classic, with all the bling. I am selling because it is time to scale down to the ukuleles that I actually play. I am the original owner and this beauty has been well protected, humidified, and lightly played.

Solid Cedar top, Solid Rosewood back and sides
abalone top purfling
Macassar Ebony faceplate, Ebony radiused fingerboard, and bridge
Abalone rosette, Pearl fingerboard position dots
Bone nut and saddle
Slotted Headstock
Gloss finish

Asking $700 plus shipping via PayPal friends and family ukulele. Ko'olau hard case included.

See Photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskGqN8qT
IMG_4417.JPG.jpg

Last edited:
You have quite a collection. When you need to further reduce the collection , I am eying your Pineapple Sunday Tenor and KTM 00 Tenor.
I own a Pono cedar with Rosewood as well. Its a very nice sounding uke with very rich and full volume. Mine was pre-owned by Corey Fijimonto. If he picked this series, you can't go wrong buying this one.

I have the ETSH-5 (C) Cedar Pro Classic. I normally don't like bling and opt for simple, but i must say; Pono really breaks out the nicer woods for their 5 models. For my taste, Cedar is the best sounding top wood I have heard. If I hadn't bought 18 ukuleles (not joking) in the past 3 months, I'd be all over this one. Good luck with the sale.

Hey, thanks but the two you mentioned are not for sale. The KTM 00 Tenor is my absolute favorite. The Pineapple Sunday is a gift from Pops so I will never part with it - lol. The Kamaka 8 string was my first ukulele purchase that I got in 1979 from Sam Kamaka at the factory. So, that leaves me with the KoAloha's which I will never sell - lol. The Kala is loaded with autographs. This now leaves only this RTSH-5 (c) and, The kamaka white label soprano, and the Pono soprano for sale. Also, The Uke SA Wow's and Star Spangled Banger are absolutely incredible - amazing and they are available. I did just recently sell my Kanile'a custom super tenor, a Pono Mahogany tenor.

Living on the East Coast it is hard to try quality solid wood ukulele. Over the years I purchased 35, mostly here on UU and what you see in my signature is what remains.

Thanks so much. I agree with you in all you said about the Pono pro classic 5's. I have been reluctant to sell this one, and it is the last one of my high end ukes for sale, but the truth is that I just have too many. This will be great, and a great deal for the player who does not have a ton of ukes and is looking for a great quality high end uke to keep and play.

Hello. That is a beautiful ukulele! When you purchased it as a second, what did they tell you that caused it to be a second?

I really don't know except for the fact that they had put a ton of ukulele of all sizes up for sale as seconds. Some were marked as seconds and some were not but all were sold at the seconds price. Shortly after this there was huge price increase so they may have been cleaning out stock and making room for new. I don't know. For the life of me though, I cannot find the flaw, as with many quality factory seconds.

I've had two Pono factory seconds and have yet been able to spot the flaw or reason they are a second.

New lower price, case included

New price $700 + shipping. Includes hardshell Oahu Case from Ko'olau

I purchased this beauty two years ago from John Kitakis at the Ko'olau factory. It is a factory second, but boy-oh-boy, I can't understand why. This ukulele is a beauty!! It is the top of the line, Pono Pro Classic, with all the bling. I am selling because it is time to scale down to the ukuleles that I actually play. I am the original owner and this beauty has been well protected, humidified, and lightly played.

abalone top purfling
Bone nut and saddle
Slotted Headstock
Gloss finish

Asking $700 plus shipping via PayPal friends and family ukulele. Oahu hard case included.

View attachment 95374[/QUOTE]

Bump for the weekend

New price $700 + shipping. Includes hardshell Oahu Case from Ko'olau

abalone top purfling
Bone nut and saddle
Slotted Headstock
Gloss finish

Asking $700 plus shipping via PayPal friends and family ukulele. Oahu hard case included.

View attachment 95374

Does it have the radius fretboard? Do you have a sound bit you can share?

The description in the original post indicates "Ebony radiused fingerboard"
-John

Hi,

Is this Pono still for sale and do you have a sound sample if it is?

Regards,

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom