A one-year checkup for my MBU--and a gallery of workshop photos

Tonya

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Great story, great pictures, and gorgeous ukulele! Happy Birthday, Tonya's MBU!

Seeing that beautiful instruments sitting on the rocks makes me cringe. Was that photo-shopped?

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you had a wonderful time there!

hope to meet you sometime at the Ukulele Festival some July :)

keep uke'in' on that beautiful uke!

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading and seeing all that.

Great story and well written Tonya! Thanks for posting it. It's got me thinking about a visit.

Mitch

What a great way to celebrate a birthday. I sounds like all invoved had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your "Moore Bettah" adventure I really enjoyed it.

What an enjoyable way to start my day. Your writing style is wonderful and I enjoyed your blog very much. Thank you, Tonya!

What a lovely write up and photos. Aren't Chuck and Bonnie the best? I am so honored to have gotten to know them and they are among the most welcoming folks I have ever known. So glad you had a wonderful time with them!

Seeing that beautiful instruments sitting on the rocks makes me cringe. Was that photo-shopped?

Nope, the ukulele was definitely on the rocks. And in the leaves beneath a kou tree, and on the sand, and resting on a straw mat, and perched above the waves and... My husband took a lot of pix--and I'd have to say it was a lot easier modeling my tenor ukulele than it is the toddler grandkids. But, you're right, Mark was pretty careful in placement (and I was happy that Madame Pele didn't choose to shake the earth during any of the poses).

If you really want to cringe, Django, here are more: http://s389.photobucket.com/user/Ukalady/slideshow/MBU_tenor_at_land_of_birth

Nope, the ukulele was definitely on the rocks. And in the leaves beneath a kou tree, and on the sand, and resting on a straw mat, and perched above the waves and... My husband took a lot of pix--and I'd have to say it was a lot easier modeling my tenor ukulele than it is the toddler grandkids. But, you're right, Mark was pretty careful in placement (and I was happy that Madame Pele didn't choose to shake the earth during any of the poses).

If you really want to cringe, Django, here are more: http://s389.photobucket.com/user/Ukalady/slideshow/MBU_tenor_at_land_of_birth

Nice photos, and thanks for posting. Still makes me cringe a little.

Thank you Tonya for those extra photos. That is big time uke p*** right there. I didn't cringe so much as I swooned.........truely beautiful

Yahoo--I just figured out how to add a "widget" to my site (bottom of each page) so readers can put their email in to get alerts when I post something new. I've two more posts planned specific to my Moore Bettah instruments as well as an exploration of a new (for me) ukulele learning experience. Subscribe and you'll know when I (finally!) get to them!

Top Bottom