ne1 else experience this?

Nordica

Reaction score
after getting bit by the uke bug and playing NONSTOP for weeks, I picked up my acoustic guitar....

AND THE THING WAS HUGE!!! :eek:

I couldn't get my hand around the neck! hahah

Absobleepinlutely!!!!

When I first got my uke, I stopped playing everything else...just because I couldnt stop playing the uke.

Then I went out to some music stores to look around for some ukes...that didnt turn out too well...but I found a sweet Koa Ovation. I pulled it down and when I tried to play it....my entire muscle memory was gone and it was like I had a couch in my hands.

So I try to play a little guitar just to keep the muscle memory in tact and it actually makes playing the uke seem a bit easier when I do.

Good topic!

Absobleepinlutely!!!!

So I try to play a little guitar just to keep the muscle memory in tact and it actually makes playing the uke seem a bit easier when I do.

not to mention the mind and muscle memory of "oops, a D chord on a guitar is a G chord on a uke,etc.." hahah

Weird, I actually just had the exact opposite experience. Hadn't played my guitar in over a month, picked it up last night again and it felt like I'd been playing all along. But I was really expecting it to feel awkward :confused: Guess it ain't a bad thing though...

not to mention the mind and muscle memory of "oops, a D chord on a guitar is a G chord on a uke,etc.." hahah

Well yeah, that's true -- I had no idea what the heck chords I was playing :rolleyes:

I have this too. Ever since I got my uke my poor guitar has been sat in the corner being neglected! Picked it up the other day as I felt sorry for it and could barely play. Felt like some novelty joke instrument in my arms!! I know I should show it some love but the uke is the new member of the family so needs most of my attention at the moment!!! :D

hahaha this happened to me too.
i picked up my roomates acoustic guitar and it felt like a classical!
everything was so biggggggg!!!!

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Yep, thats why I play uke in my Church Band... among other reasons...

hahaha this happened to me too.
i picked up my roomates acoustic guitar and it felt like a classical!
everything was so biggggggg!!!!

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

...in your pants.

My first instrument is a bagpipe. I play it for eleven years now, but since I started with the Uke, it just seemed too loud. don't play it very often but it feels pretty weird when I do. Though I didn't forget my muscle memory yet...

I played violin for 5 years before I switched to viola last summer. So I'm all for thin necks. I play ukulele a lot and don't play guitar very often.

I don't really have a problem with size, it's just my bass and guitar are pretty cheap and they're sorta hard to play. My ukulele is really easy to play and so easy to pick up and go. I'd love to just pick up my guitar and blast out a quick tune but I'm not quite at that stage. A lot of my friends play guitar anyway (and a couple are really, really good) and I don't feel I need to play guitar too to get a nice range of sounds when I play with them.

I've been playing guitar for ten years, but since I've discovered UU I've been playing ukulele a LOT more often. To the point where my fingers hurt tremendously whenever I play an acoustic guitar. And the body of my old Guild dreadnought is uncomfortably big. The other day when I played guitar with some friends, I had a few "moments" where I knew a G chord was coming up but instinctively played a D instead. :(
My Larrivée parlor guitar is the only six-string that doesn't hurt to play right now. I think of it as a super-baritone. ;)

Same here. My GF keep an acoustic in her living room. Every now and then I'll pick it up and it feels like this:

guitar-boat-acoustic-guitar-creation-1.jpg

JJ

...in your pants.

My first instrument is a bagpipe. I play it for eleven years now, but since I started with the Uke, it just seemed too loud. don't play it very often but it feels pretty weird when I do. Though I didn't forget my muscle memory yet...

I didn't know Germans played bagpipes. What does a German bagpipe look like?
Only familiar with Scottish pipes, and Irish Uilleann pipes.

Top Bottom