Hive Tenor Spruce/ Rosewood PHENONEMAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickyl

Reaction score
*****SOLD*****

$2,800 PayPal shipped Cont. USA

Hive Tenor Spruce Top and Rosewood back ukulele. Truly the best instrument I have ever heard or played. Note! Hive tenor ukuleles traditionally have 12 frets to the body.

Includes:

Serial Number 13018
Slight radius fretboard
Sound port
Misi pickup
Reunion Blues case

I am only selling because I find I want the full 14 frets to the body. Otherwise, would definitely keep. Excellent condition.

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1798.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Wow, what a deal! Just got my second Hive yesterday or I'd be tempted!

I suggest you consider posting a picture of the back to show the rosewood.

My guess is this will go quickly!!

Picture of Rosewood back

Thanks Eddie. Yes, I should post a picture of the back!

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 132
Good luck with the sale Vicki!

I'm curious, is there a reason why Hive makes the standard models with only 12 frets to the body, such as tone or other? I wish tenors had 16 frets to the body to make it easier to play the octave up G chord :)

Hey thanks! Yes there are all different ways, tones and sizes! I notice that there are some discussions regarding the different size of fret to the body on Ukulele Underground but don't know for sure why some choose one size over the other. Many experienced luthiers do build with the 12 frets to the body. https://vimeo.com/58660046

I'm curious, is there a reason why Hive makes the standard models with only 12 frets to the body, such as tone or other? I wish tenors had 16 frets to the body to make it easier to play the octave up G chord :)

It places the bridge in the sweet spot for the Hive tenor body size/shape. To me, many tenors with a 14-fret join look like the bridge is above the sweet spot, which is in line with the widest part of the lower bout. Luthiers can modify bracing to compensate. Btw, Hive just started offering a 14-fret neck option. I'm sure Jake will make the tweaks to get the sound he aspires to on all his ukes.

Very rarely do these come up for sale on the secondary market. If I didn't have one on order and in the pipeline, I would be tempted to jump on it myself. Good luck with the sale Vicky.

It places the bridge in the sweet spot for the Hive tenor body size/shape. To me, many tenors with a 14-fret join look like the bridge is above the sweet spot, which is in line with the widest part of the lower bout. Luthiers can modify bracing to compensate. Btw, Hive just started offering a 14-fret neck option. I'm sure Jake will make the tweaks to get the sound he aspires to on all his ukes.

Thanks for the explanation! I figured there must be a logical reason, and I have read nothing but good things about the Hive brand.

Jake is so good at what he does they all sound great. I have the first 14 fret to body tenor he made and I consider myself very lucky - it's the best ukulele I've ever played. Here's a song I recorded with it:

If I had the money I'd snap this one up right away. I've asked Jake to make me another to be my re-entrant player.

Cheers,
Matt

Jake is so good at what he does they all sound great. I have the first 14 fret to body tenor he made and I consider myself very lucky - it's the best ukulele I've ever played. Here's a song I recorded with it:

If I had the money I'd snap this one up right away. I've asked Jake to make me another to be my re-entrant player.

Cheers,
Matt

Matty you've been holding out on us.....no NUD post or any mention of sometning special coming. I don't know if I should be mad at you or happy for you ;)

Congratulations, your playing was great and that Hive sounded fabulous. Well done my friend

Matty you've been holding out on us.....no NUD post or any mention of sometning special coming. I don't know if I should be mad at you or happy for you ;)

Congratulations, your playing was great and that Hive sounded fabulous. Well done my friend

I had never heard Marty play -- superb.

Dave, you should grab this!!

Not to hijack the thread but at least one luthier (Mark Roberts) makes a 16 fret to body model.

Matty, thank you for posting your video. I love it; your music and playing is beautiful. Vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom