FS: William King Koa Soprano with hard case & humidifier - A treat for someone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo9090x

Reaction score
William King makes (made) some of the finest ukuleles in my opinion. I won't go on about how the sound of his ukes sing. I didn't want to sell this piece, but financial obligations demand otherwise, so here goes:

2011 William King N5 Soprano. It has select curly koa top, back and sides, curly maple body bindings with top purfling, a Spanish cedar neck with a walnut center strip and CF composite structural reinforcement, an ebony fingerboard with MOP face and side markers, an ebony faceplate, a scalloped ebony heel cap, an ebony pin bridge with snakewood bridge pins, a 35mm bone nut and a bone saddle. It is finished in a gloss lacquer finish, fitted with Gotoh Deluxe friction tuners. This soprano has a clear and bright voice with good loudness, intonation and playabiliity. Comes with black basketweave Uke Crazy hard case. Photo credit of studio shots William King.

I'm a terrible player (and haven't made the time to improve) so I apologize for the poor sound samples but I'm hoping they're better than nothing:

a strum: https://soundcloud.com/mo9090x/koa-dots-strum
some picking: https://soundcloud.com/mo9090x/koa-dots-pick

It's in fantastic shape still with a full high gloss front and back. The top is thin and is not completely flat like thicker builds. I recognize this as a characteristic of thin builds, as I've seen it on other ukes of mine, but I also want to point this out to a potential buyer. It's not a defect, just a characteristic of these types of builds and craftsmanship. It has a slight curve to the top which I imagine reflects the shape of the bracing behind the facade. I've never worried about since receiving it, but for those who haven't seen it, they could wonder why it is. If other UU members could chime in on this from their experiences that would be great! All who know William King's craftsmanship will attest to how high it is. I've tried to show this in the pics, but it's really hard to capture in photographs. On a side note, I don't think WK produces many if any pieces anymore.

Price is $1050 which includes shipping to CONUS, a Uke Crazy hard case and an Oasis OH-18 Ukulele humidifier . Sorry, I'm not entertaining trades nor a lower price. I usually enjoy a good haggle (from both the buyer and seller perspective) but that's just not where I'm at with this piece. Serious inquiries only please.

Attachments

• king studio front.jpg
    king studio front.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 283
  • king studio back.jpg
    king studio back.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 2208.jpg
    2208.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 2214.jpg
    2214.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3569.jpg
    IMG_3569.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 151
Pretty certain I was the original owner of this King N5 (think it was SN-46 ?) A wonderful Koa soprano, very sweet, clear voice. Good luck with your sale, should make someone happy.

Very beautiful wow. The top slight curve I've seen on some makes like cordoba guitars. They state that on their website that it is due to the bracing of their tops and the way put it together. It is completely normal they say. I've seen it in person on a few cordoba and I actually like it, it is subtle not obvious, you have to look at it angled in light.

Thanks for chiming in. I agree that it never felt like anything other than a wow factor of how masterful the craftsmanship must be but that's just my humble opinion.

Hi,

I'm the very happy buyer. Sound, playability, appearance and workmanship are top-notch as described. I'm in love!

Communications with the seller, Monica, were great. She answered all the questions. A very easy, smooth transaction. Great hard case was included also.

Thank you, Monica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom