Big Island Tenor TR-KRGT series

Brouk

Reaction score
I have had this Uke for less than a year. I have since moved to a Koaloha model and I would like to finance a Blackbird Carbon Fiber Ukulele as my backup. This uke is in great condition, has a great balanced sound and nice flat neck for great playability.

I will include new Crazy Uke case that came with my current Koaloha Uke. (the linked images are with an older, more beat up case that will not be included)

$500 shipped to continental USA with crazy Uke case.

I believe the model is closest to theis is their TR-KRGT series reviewed on this site before :

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-Big-Island-Honu-Tenor-Ukulele-TR-KRGT-Review!!!

30795822181_c8876e420d_o.jpg

30768119702_8f6a17a39f_o.jpg

30795822441_7dfe3bd076_o.jpg

30768119342_54b72bc9ac_o.jpg

Looks great, but I'm all tapped out now, otherwise I might be interested in this instrument.

I've never seen strings tied at the headstock like this (with the loop):

30795822441_7dfe3bd076_o.jpg

Did you tie them on like that? I'd love to understand how exactly it is done. Please tell me how. Thank you! :)

Hi :) Well. I do not know what the common way to tie strings is (besices just wounding them up) but what I do is I thread them through the hole, wind it a few times and then tuck the end of the string under the tight string and keep winding. This creates a tight stop gap that prevents the string from loosening. Before it becomes copletely part of the 'winding' I pull it through to minimize the size of the loop and complete the winding to the proper tune. Then I cut the excess string. What you see is on my photograps is that I wasn't completely anal and tidy to make all the loops the same size ... ;-)

Thanks for your interest. Cheers.

Looks great, but I'm all tapped out now, otherwise I might be interested in this instrument.

I've never seen strings tied at the headstock like this (with the loop):

Top Bottom