My Youtube account has been suspended!

adellethegreat

Reaction score
Help! My Youtube account was suspended today! I came home after running some errands & was unable to log in. I went through their help files & was able to fill out a form with my username & email address & they sent me a form reply, which I will paste at the end of this.

Apparently, I have violated community guidelines- which is different than copyright infringement. I have read & reread the community guidelines & can't by any stretch imagine which of them I could possibly have violated. They also state that when you do violate one, you receive a warning in email form & on your youtube account page & the offending material is removed. If you recieve 3 warnings within 6 months, your account is suspended. They say that only in serious cases do they automatically suspend someone without warning.

This leads me to believe that I have been unfairly suspended. I'm wondering if something similiar to what happened to Grumpy happened to me...? Maybe someone flagged a bunch of my vids or sent a bunch of complaints. I can't for the life of me figure it out. Did any of you watch any of my vids recently maybe even today & notice any flags or anything unusual? Can anyone think of anything? I am understandably upset... pretty darn upset. They say I am banned from creating future accounts. There is no way I did anything so bad as to warrent that- I am sure of it.

Here's the form letter I got in response to filling out their form:

Hi adellethegreat,

Thanks for your email. Your "adellethegreat" account has been found to
have violated our Community Guidelines. Your account has now been
terminated. Please be aware that you are prohibited from accessing,
possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts.

YouTube staff review flagged videos 24 hours a day, seven days a week to
determine whether they violate our Community Guidelines. When a video or
account is brought to our attention we investigate and take action if
necessary.

We are unable to provide specific detail regarding your account suspension
or your video's removal. For more information on our what we consider
inappropriate content or conduct while using YouTube, please visit our
Community Guidelines and Tips at
http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines and our Help Center article
at http://help.youtube.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=92486.

Regards,

Roberto
The YouTube Team

thats disgusting, that someone would do that to your videos, and to get you banned off of youtube

I heard that lately Youtube has been deleting accounts without a warning or telling the owner what was wrong. Really unfair, when you think of it.

Oh my... why? What bull****. There has to be some kind of appeal process, but even if you're successfull.. I doubt they kept your videos stored and your viewcounts, etc. This is terrible!

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard that they're cracking down, and that even some cover songs are fair game for takedowns (which I think is pretty ridiculous). So people are making a bunch of their videos private to avoid the dangers of getting their accounts closed.

Adelle, you did nothing wrong, and I really hope that in the big mess that is the Youtube administratiors, you can work it out and get your account fairly unfrozen.

Yes, Deg- that's how I got the auto reply.

Here are the reasons I think this may possibly have been something malicious as opposed to a problem with the actual content of my videos: In the email I received from youtube they state that I was removed due to community guideline violation (not copyright infringement). Here is the key part of the email "YouTube staff review flagged videos 24 hours a day, seven days a week to
determine whether they violate our Community Guidelines. When a video or
account is brought to our attention we investigate and take action if
necessary."

I'm hoping that there hasn't been any investigating yet, and that in a few days or weeks my account will be back up. On the youtube webpage they state the guidelines- no nudity or things of that nature, violence, racial attacks, etc (http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines). I've obviously done none of these things. They also say you get 3 warnings before your account is removed- but I recieved no notification whatsoever. They then say "Serious safety and privacy violations such as threats and harassment may result in immediate termination without prior warning."

Something must have happened. I really don't believe I've done anything wrong.

Whoa, I just got a major feeling of déja-vu from DeG's post...

Back on topic, I don't know what to tell you, Adelle, other than "Where there's a will, there's another website." If they're gonna do this to you, they don't deserve you. You don't need their crap. You are adellethegreat. Not adelletheaverage, not adellethemediocre, adellethegreat. It's their loss.

First of all, this totally sucks. It shows how much we are in the hands of "the Google".

But adelle, one of the bullets from the link you just posted reads:

"Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are authorised to use. This means don't upload videos you didn't make, or use content in your videos to which someone else owns the copyright, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes or videos made by other users, without the requisite authorisations. Read our Copyright Tips for more information."

I wouldn't discount copyright as the source of the issue. But no warning? What crap!

This is NUTS! :mad:

Adelle, you're the 3rd person I know this month to have their account suspended! And each time, the person had no idea what happened!

And if it was something to do with copyright - I think a lot of us are in trouble! :(

Top Bottom