YouTube going nutes? What Should We Do?

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
okay.. in light of things going on with peoples accounts.. people getting wiped out for no reason.. no warning.. or little warning.. is there another site that is better.. should we post videos in two spots.. just to make sure that we get to keep something up.

this is hobby for me... i love it... like someone likes stamp collecting.. or anything else.. and for someone to just come in and wipe out all your stamps.. bird watching gear, or whatever.. is just BAD! i mean it takes time to put all the videos up on youtube.. and write all the info.. make friends.. get subscribers... comments... ratings..

i mean.. i keep it all in perspective.. i mean.. am not going to jump off a cliff over it... but just curious to know what you all think about this..

i see people put up some R-Rated stuff.. it stays.. i have seen people like Julia Nunes put up cover songs that have 100,000 views PLUS! so i am thinking that is okay..

hummm?

viddler?

??

well... throughout the internet, there is going to be some huge nerd sitting down 24hrs a day..(possibly me) but we could get him to create some virus yeah?? YEAH!! then... (this is whats definetly going to happen) he can send youtube a massive virus.. leaving youtube to bann every1's accounts. so then! we will all be banned, and be in miseryyyy

sorry..

well... throughout the internet, there is going to be some huge nerd sitting down 24hrs a day..(possibly me) but we could get him to create some virus yeah?? YEAH!! then... (this is whats definetly going to happen) he can send youtube a massive virus.. leaving youtube to bann every1's accounts. so then! we will all be banned, and be in miseryyyy

sorry..

uhh ... :uhoh: happy 4/20, UR.

I like the concept of youtube - and it has the potential for viewers to find obscure things like my crap. No other site really comes close to that viewer base.

I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet (despite my struggles with the seamy underside of the system).

Things like Adelle's suspension definitely make me see how painful it can be when things go wrong. I'm astonished.

Write them via the feedback forms - post on the message boards. Participate. It may be the best we can do for now.

sorry..

LOL.. awesome imaginary matt! you funny funny guy.

Havent heard of youtubing deleting accounts yet, but this is something that really bothers me too! i look at youtube all the time and love seeing other ukers around the world doing there thing!
There should be an alternative in this case just for back up but not sure what sites are avaliable?

If this continues to be a problem, this is an idea that I was thinking of suggesting earlier for different reasons, but might help out this situation as well.

We could possibly create a Youtube account designated for UU members as a group, basically a private account that would be open to registered UU members, but any one of us could login to upload a video there for sharing, or to watch others' videos. I think if the account is private, then the videos would not be 'publicly distributed' material, and less likely to be violating copyright infringement (I could be wrong about this).

The other benefit of creating a UU-exclusive youtube site (and the reason i originally thought of suggesting this) would be so that anyone could upload a uke video and share with the UU community without having to post it publically on their own profile. Or, if a UU member doesn't have a youtube account but still wants to submit a video, that person could use the UU group site on youtube to upload it. In other words, if for whatever reason you wanted to submit a video, but only wanted to show it to UU, or don't want to associate it with your own name/account, or you maybe like to play ukulele naked (yikes)... whatever the reason, it'd be a place for UU members to submit and share videos solely within the UU community, by limiting access to registered users.

I don't know if this is feasible, and unfortunately i think it would ultimately require someone to monitor & take responsibility for the site, which would probably be the deal-breaker in the end. However, maybe it could work. It would require each of us who want access to the group youtube site, to be 'added as a friend' by that account and granted viewing permission. We would also have to share access to the username/password of the account in order to upload a video - and that might make it difficult to keep it exclusive to the UU community.

Anyway... it's probably too complicated to create and maintain something like this, but it's something to think about. Especially if there really is an issue with Youtube deleting user accounts.

Scratch that idea.... i'm an idiot.

This whole problem can be solved by just going through a different site to upload or host videos, like Google Video, or Photobucket, or Dropshots, etc... I guess if anyone has youtube issues or doesn't want to upload a video through youtube, we can just use one of these sites instead. Why didn't i think of that before :rolleyes:

hey i think your first idea was awesome but again it will be difficult to actually maintain or even get around that idea! Great thought!

I mentioned this in the original YT thread that salukulady started.

I can create a custom channel for UU folks here on my radio site. The only thing that someone would need to be familiar with is using an FTP program.

I can create an ftp account for everyone to upload their vids which would be loaded into a flash media player (that I could customize to look more like a UU thang) and once the vid is uploaded all I would have to do is control it via an XML file. If the interest is great, we can take it much further. But this is just a starting point.

Just a suggestion. I'd be happy to help for all that UU has given me over the last few years.

YOuTube has suspended lotza people only to reinstate them a week or two later.

One thing you can do is start a thread here on UU Forum for folks who have been unjustly suspended. If it happens, link the email address of the youTube Editor and encourage everyone to email their support for the suspended person, sweaky-wheel gets the grease kinda thing.

Another thing is to have an account ready at LiveVideo or one of the various Ning sites... perhaps start a Ning site just for ukulele if there isn't one already... or a UkuleleUnderground at Ning. If you go with Ning, YOU are in control of who gets banned and who doesn't.

And of course, always save your material to an external hard drive.

Spooner, that would be the shiznit...

I think it could be a great thing.

SpoonTown Meets The Underground! :p:shaka:

I could also create a media player for those who simply want to submit audio files.

This is the sort of stuff I do at my place.

If everyone likes it and Aldrine and the restada mods like the idea...we could make it happen.

I might be able to put up a tubesite exclusive for ukemembers. Not sure if that will kill my server or not though.
But I got the scripts to make one.

4/20 is an american thing... look it up^^

I celebrated 4/20 too, which made people look at me weird. If you ask someone in Germany "hey, do you know what day it is today?" they gonna respond "hitler's birthday". well, I did not celebrate that, but the american 4/20

Might I suggest that those unsatisfied with YouTube try out Metacafe.com.

It has a very international following and pretty much anything put up there will get 50+ views just for being there.

Top Bottom