Got me a forgotten little chap for $22!

weeshan

Reaction score
Been wanting a Harmony for awhile. I've a soft spot for the old and forgotten, even if lower quality. Taking a forgotten instrument, removing years of dust and grime, installing new strings and then making them SING again, is one of the most rewarding side effects of UAS for me lol.

This little guy was gotten off ebay for $22. From the label, it appears to be a 50's model and seems to be solid wood. He has personality and a loud voice and is fun as heck. As a huge bonus for a person that loves history as I do, I even got the story behind this one. The seller's elderly uncle passed and this was part of his estate, along with other stringed instruments such as a vintage Martin mandolin. The seller says he remembers sitting on his uncle's lap approx. 50 years ago, listening to him strum this little Harmony. My boyfriend says the color on this one makes it look like a peanut, so that what we call him lol. Not bad for $22, me thinks.

Thanks for reading.

Shannon

Attachments

• PhotoEditor-1478802826918.jpg
    PhotoEditor-1478802826918.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 79
Enjoy! They are great little ukes.

Taking a forgotten instrument, removing years of dust and grime, installing new strings and then making them SING again, is one of the most rewarding side effects of UAS for me lol.
This has been the core of my UAS for some time
Keep on Strumming Dave

Top Bottom