Dull Spots On My Strings

UkuEroll

Reaction score
Hi
I have a Lankai CK-C Concet Uke with Aquila Nylgut strings on, the problem I have is I have found that there a some dull spots on some strings around the fifth and sixth frets of the A and E strings and at the higher frets.
My Question is.... Is the due to the uke itself or could it be duff strings, they are only a month old as is the Uke. I am thinking of trying some new strings but don't really know what to try, any suggestions would be greatfully received.
Thanks

Have those spots always been dull?

yep, didn't really notice till i started playing up the next, unfortunatly i'm disabled so i bought over the internet in the uk, so i never had a chance to play it, i'm quite clued up on guitars, been playing for years, but now turned to uks. So if you have any ideas, fire away. I was a carpenter buy trade so I aint scared to take it to bits, the thing is what should i be looking for
Regards

Bad strings could be the problem, if they are spun out too fast they can come out imperfect and be flat or not intonated right. Otherwise it could be that the top of your frets are too flat, making it sound dull, frets should be "crowned", meaning they should be more tapered than flat on top. If the frets are flat,it's not a hard fix, I'm sure there was a thread about it not long ago, basically tape off the fret board and work the frets with a file.

Top Bottom