Ever Wondered Pic vs. Fingerstyle - Video Samples on HMS

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Ever wondered how a pic would sound compared to fingerstyle? The Ukulele Site just posted three wonderful ukuleles (a Hive and two I'iwi's), each with both a fingerstyle and a pic video sample. Of course, they all sound great because they're world class ukes highlighted by Corey's wonderful playing.

Ever wondered how a pic would sound compared to fingerstyle? The Ukulele Site just posted three wonderful ukuleles (a Hive and two I'iwi's), each with both a fingerstyle and a pic video sample. Of course, they all sound great because they're world class ukes highlighted by Corey's wonderful playing.

This is tooo funny. I was going to write this up as well.

When the first three videos were posted on Sunday I noticed Corey seemed to be using a pic. I emailed Andrew asking him if that was the case. In his usual prompt professional way he responded immediately and said yes Corey was using a pic and asked what I thought. We traded emails back and forth and he said he would put up comparison videos with Corey playing fingerstyle.

I only relay this to show so my appreciation for what Andrew, Corey and the whole crew at HMS do. Where else can you get this kind commitment to excellence and a willingness to help all of us uke enthusiasts.

This is tooo funny. I was going to write this up as well.

When the first three videos were posted on Sunday I noticed Corey seemed to be using a pic. I emailed Andrew asking him if that was the case. In his usual prompt professional way he responded immediately and said yes Corey was using a pic and asked what I thought. We traded emails back and forth and he said he would put up comparison videos with Corey playing fingerstyle.

I only relay this to show so my appreciation for what Andrew, Corey and the whole crew at HMS do. Where else can you get this kind commitment to excellence and a willingness to help all of us uke enthusiasts.

Ditto all that. And way too funny. I had same exchange with Andrew. I'm not so surprised we think alike. After all, we are co-grand poobahs of OnoMAS, right? ;-)

maybe its just me.. but I hate the pick vids.
The extra little click before the attack just sounds bad to me.
I dunno why I hear to so much on uke though.
When I listen to like.. Tommy Emmanuel, it's not something that registers to my ear.
But when Corey's doing it... the extra click just sticks out.

Top Bottom