I don't know If I am right - but are the seasonistas are dwindling???

Ginas uke

Reaction score
Greetings,

Just to test my theory, I am posting one of my more recent vids here. Just wondering, I miss seeing a lot of folks on the Seasons. SO...do some post in both places? I know the regular Seasons have seen this one......

Ciao

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but Life has been getting in the way of my making videos.

Between caring for an uncle in a nursing home who has since passed away, to changes in income, to parents with health issues (local), a mother-in-law with health issues (the left coast), and my own health issues, as well as needing about 15-20 minutes to set up to do a video, 10 minutes to tear down, and the time it takes to get it ready to upload to YouTube, I haven't been getting much done.

I haven't stopped playing - I attend at least one uke group a month, sometimes two, try to make it to a monthly Open Mic (gonna miss it this month, because I'm teaching a class on Drop Spindles, and next month because we're heading out to see my mother-in-law), and I play at home for at least 45 minutes each night while I'm checking email and waiting for the dishwasher/washing machine/oven/other shoe to drop. My problem is the documentation time. And I spend at least two nights a week with my spouse, my spinning wheel, and fiber friends, mostly to maintain our sanity. (And I perform on uke at my local Yarn Shop during special events.)

I'm pretty sure that this will all sound familiar to other Seasonistas, and these are likely some of the reasons that many of us haven't been posting as much as we would like to.

-Kurt​

I believe there are Seasonal fluctuations Gina. Participation Seems to drop off around Memorial Day for one. It seems to grow through the Summer and then drop off around Labor Day/start of the school year. My own participation has dropped somewhat due to my efforts to get back in shape from by health problems and getting back into the real world social scene. I have also joined another theme group and needs must spend some time supporting this group as well. I expect to see Seasonista participation grow around the Holiday Season though. We will see.

I believe there are Seasonal fluctuations Gina. Participation Seems to drop off around Memorial Day for one. It seems to grow through the Summer and then drop off around Labor Day/start of the school year. My own participation has dropped somewhat due to my efforts to get back in shape from by health problems and getting back into the real world social scene. I have also joined another theme group and needs must spend some time supporting this group as well. I expect to see Seasonista participation grow around the Holiday Season though. We will see.

Tommy, I think that's right. We'll probably see more activity from Thanksgiving through the new year. (I hope so, because I'm hosting Thanksgiving week!) Also, participation may vary depending on how broad the subject matter is.

Top Bottom