NUD- Kanilea Super Concert

Beadslele

Reaction score
20161116_053601.jpg
Hello UU!

I received Kanilea super concert from HMS and it is amazing!
I have read so much on UU that Kanilea's sound is muddy and Aquila is so bad. So I was little bit worried before I received mine. But sound is as loud as my Pono mahogany tenor with Worth Brown and strumming sound is so sweet.
I love it! :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
What a beauty. Very cool lodge it's in as well! Bazmaz speaks highly of his Kanile'a tenor in his reviews for it. I must get down to SUS and give their Kanile'as a strum some time!

Enjoy!

Looks like a wonderful ukulele - congratulations!

Congratulations.......muddy and bad sounding does NOT fit with the word Kanilea. They are great instruments and I hope you enjoy it for many years.

Wow, that's gorgeous! Congrats on an awesome new uke! :shaka:

I hadn't heard that Kanilea might have a muddy sound. One of my favorite sound samples from HMS is a Kanilea. I love the sound.

Looks like a beautiful ukulele, and I hope that you enjoy it.

Congrats! Kanilea's are my favorite brand for three reasons, Amazing Tone, stunning wood, and consistently great playability.

Congrats! That is a beauty! I can't put my Kanilea Super Tenor down. I just made myself play guitar for about an hour. I have a sweet guitar but I kept thinking that I'd rather go pick up my Kanilea.

Congrats! And a nice top to go with it!

Congratulations! A friend of ours has a Kanilea tenor, and it's her fave of all her ukes.

I know what you mean about the sound. I have had my K1 Concert for three weeks. I cannot put it down. There should be a warning about it being addictive. I have owned a Taylor 410 and 810 Martin D28. HD 28 and HD 35. None of them kept prompting to play them like this beauty. Enjoy and have a wonderful Holiday.

Kanile'a constantly sources some of the best looking koa. Even though you're happy with the stock strings, don't be afraid to experiment with different strings. It can really affect the tone and you might find a combination you like even better.

Enjoy!!

Congrat's and welcome to the Kanile'a Klub! Try some Living Water strings!

Thank you everyone! It is such a joy to play Kanile'a. I think barre chords are bit more difficult to do than Pono...so I practice more :)

Beautiful wood. As Eddie mentioned, Kanile'a seems to have some of the nicest looking Koa, and their fit and finish is among the best of the K brands.

Top Bottom