Epiphone ukulele?

UkieOkie

Reaction score
What info might you folks have about Epiphone branded Ukes. I have one available to me but I don't know much about them and the interwebs is a little sparse on the subject. I really want to know when they were most recently made and such.

There are/were several Epiphone Branded ukes. The current Les Paul model is OK - certainly worth what I paid for it.

There was a Masterbuilt model a few years back, that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on, never having seen more than photos of it, but it looked sweet.

Which model do you have available to you?

-Kurt​

I don't know the model but it's a older looking mahogany soprano. It's not the new les Paul ones.

So it's vintage? I don't know much about old Epiphone ukes. But the quality of early- to mid-century Epiphone instruments (guitars, banjos) in general is outstanding- Epi was a serious player back in the day. I think the reputation of the name was tarnished when Gibson acquired it and turned it into a budget brand (even though the quality of recent Epis is fine, they just are what they are anymore).

What kind of price are you looking at?

Ok after some late night googling I found a picture and description that looks like the same model. I think it's not vintage, but from '97-'98. I also read it's a laminate. He only wants 50$. I will probably pass though.

https://sites.google.com/site/ukulelemakers/e-f/epiphone

In 1997 three models of Ukulele were released by Gibson under the Epiphone Label, the Lanai (with a plastic fretboard), the Molokai and the Kauai. These were all fairly budget and were only in production for a couple of years.

Here are some more pictures from the same source (including all three 1997 models, the 2002/2005 firebird mandolin, the 2009 'masterbilt' solid mahogany and koa ones and the 2012 Les Paul-shaped ones): https://get.google.com/albumarchive.../AF1QipNwVzqGmigNbzWoT0dbXIn0uzHqF-evElf0Xbhi

Top Bottom