"It Is Well With My Soul" W J Herringe Baritone Ukulele ( CGBD Tuning)

Very nice! That's one of my favorite hymns. Thanks for sharing it.

Campbell, you handle the baritone with such finesse and a fine touch. I have enjoyed this song as a vocal arrangement; this version works so well. The tempo variations are very clear and precise. Excellent job!

That was absolutely stunning! And I love the tuning. Your playing is simply beautiful.

Wonderful arrangement and beautifully played!

I just tuned my baritone back to plectrum tuning again last night. I tried it a few years ago and it didn't stick, but it might this time. Have you seen any of Rob MacKillop's videos of plectrum banjo music? Some lovely stuff. His CD Of plectrum banjo music is very worthwhile.

I am going to use this tuning for strumming also. But some of the instrumental pieces I collected before seem more within reach now.

I just discovered Sandy Weltman's site this evening. Great stuff.

So far so good! I can play all my originals in this tuning, and a lot of my nursing home repertoire also.

I have some banjo arrangements also, and they do sound great on my baritone. I guess I have grown as a player since last time I tried, some of the songs seem more within reach now.

My Baritone sounds much better in this tuning. I often had it with a high 4th string because I just couldn't like the sound with a low 4th. Somehow the extra step between the C and the G makes a difference, I guess.

My reentrant soprano will complement it nicely. :)

Top Bottom