Tuner Question

smgold101

Reaction score
For a tuner i use a Korg Chromatic Tuner CA-30. My question is up top there is a number 440 and then Hz. I'm not very familiar with stringed instruments other then starting uke, before this i played drums. What number should the Hz be set at? Also will this tuner which i had originally bought for my guitar be fine for my uke or should i invest in something different? Also the pointer that goes back and forth when i play a note jumps around a lot. Thanks in advance for the help i also hope this made sense haha.

-Seth

440hz is an A note. It's a standard note for tuning. That's just what you want to keep your tuner in standard pitch. Varying that standard note will detune your tuner. Your tuner is fine for tuning your uke.

But if you are ever playing with the Viennese Philharmonic, then you'll want to tune your A to 435 Hz... those guys are pretty old school with their A notes.

But if you are ever playing with the Viennese Philharmonic, then you'll want to tune your A to 435 Hz... those guys are pretty old school with their A notes.

...and if you are ever jamming with Jesus...he likes it when you play "Michael Rode The Boat Ashore."

:rock:

...and if you are ever jamming with Jesus...he likes it when you play "Michael Rode The Boat Ashore."

:rock:

Can anybody tell me who Michael is, why he's in the boat in the first place, and what exactly that has to do with Sunday School? This question has plagued me since I was just a little sprout...

For a tuner i use a Korg Chromatic Tuner CA-30. My question is up top there is a number 440 and then Hz. I'm not very familiar with stringed instruments other then starting uke, before this i played drums. What number should the Hz be set at? Also will this tuner which i had originally bought for my guitar be fine for my uke or should i invest in something different? Also the pointer that goes back and forth when i play a note jumps around a lot. Thanks in advance for the help i also hope this made sense haha.

-Seth

I have a Korg CA-30 and it does have a tendency to jump around a bit but don't worry a lot of tuners do that, it is a very good tuner, 440 hz is what you need to set it to. One thing I dont like about this tuner is I have set it up to 443 and 443 a couple of times by accident right before a show, tuned up my ukes while my wife tuned her ukes up at 440hz, then freaked out and had to retune after we did few practice chords together.

Top Bottom