Mya-Moe future

wildfire070

Reaction score
I've got a Mya-Moe coming my way and was wondering what the future might hold for the brand? I believe they're tapering off on building and next year Aaron will be doing his own thing with the Beansprout. Does that mean MM is no longer doing custom builds after that? I had a baritone but sold it to fund another uke...should I have kept it instead? Maybe the value will go up if they aren't doing custom builds anymore in a year or so.

If you look at their YouTube channel there is a video blog in three part answering the question for you from the mouth of the owner. It's called 'the next two years and beyond'
Hope it puts you concerns to rest.

I was interested in a tradition model. I sent an email through the build section and got a response saying, they are retiring next year and only building the premium models. They said message back if i'm interested in one of those and build time will be estimated for me.

Many brands of many different products have come and gone. I loved Ben Hogan forged irons but a few years ago that golf club manufacture folded up shop. There are plenty of good custom builders out there to fill the void.

Last edited:
citing lame conditions like "bonding"
I can't agree .
You can pick up a ukulele (or any other instrument) and it's love at 1st strum, you can play one for 6 months and come to love it and you can play one you think you like and then come to not love ( aka bond with it) etc.
It's not lame, it's just how it works for some people.
Best
Robin

I was interested in a tradition model. I sent an email through the build section and got a response saying, they are retiring next year and only building the premium models. They said message back if i'm interested in one of those and build time will be estimated for me.

Gordon has a 'black Friday' video out, he is releasing two build slots for what the customer requires.
First emails to Gordon apparently gets the slots.
h

Top Bottom