Please announce Black Friday specials

Doxuke

Reaction score
I missed the special sale on banjoleles that was posted a month ago, but I would appreciate learning of any 'Black Friday' ukulele specials you learn about.

Specifically, I am looking for a beginner's uke for my great niece, and a banjolele for my son, and stocking stuffers like tuners, on special pre-Christmas sales. Any other enticing ukulele sales would be helpful!

Thanks and a Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Last edited:
Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Zorro Sounds, American Musical Supply, Elderly all have a big banner on the front page saying something about Black Friday sales, and most of them seem to have already started offering them.

Amazon also has daily deals that run only for a few hours, as well as lots of other discounts running this week.

For computer stuff, NewEgg and MicroCenter are already running their BF deals now.

I am also getting emails from IK Multimedia, Positive Grid, and Korg that lots of their apps for iOS or Android are currently on sale on the respective app stores.

Strings and Beyond is also having a 15% off sale this week, code BF15, and if you use my referral link (<--click here), you can save another 10% on your first order and I get points that I can use to buy strings when you sign up and make an order,

I will add more info as I see it. Happy hunting! :)

I've seen that brand on ebay. They look very nice and the price is amazing. Have you played one?

No, but they look exactly like the Oscar Schmidts that sell as low as $135 on occasion. With a decent setup and perhaps a Remo Renaissance head, it too will sound decent....not a Beansprout by any means, but decent...especially for that kind of money. I have a Rally concert with a full resonator. I had a calfskin head, no knot tailpiece, and a setup done by nearby Goldtone. Sounds like it cost much, much more. My next "banjo uke", if I get one, will be a short scale tenor banjo tuned gCEA. I personally think that players who prefer higher end banjo ukes give them a much worse review than they deserve, especially considering the price and the fact that many just can't afford $350 and up, up, and up for a banjo uke, especially since most may not stick with them for long. Here's the OS branded one. http://www.oscarschmidt.com/products/ukes/oub1.asp. One of my criteria for an "iffy" purchase is "can I re-sell it without losing money? http://www.oscarschmidt.com/products/ukes/oub1.asp

Last edited:
I am re-posting this here from my original thread, just in case you missed it, and as of the time of this post, these prices are still holding.

I recently got one of these in concert and baritone size. Last year I got one of the tenor size when they went on sale at that time.

They are nice cases for the money, but you have to air them out for a few days with a fan blowing across the fur with the top open in order to get rid of the glue smell.

They are about the same price as the Kala Uke-Crazy style canvas-covered hard foam cases at these prices...

Musician's Gear Concert Ukulele Case Black - $29
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicians-Gear/Concert-Ukulele-Case.gc

712790000001000-00-500x500.jpg

Musician's Gear Tenor Ukulele Case Black - $39
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicians-Gear/Tenor-Ukulele-Case.gc

712792000001000-00-500x500.jpg

Musician's Gear Baritone Ukulele Case Black - $34
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicians-Gear/Baritone-Ukulele-Case.gc

712789000001000-00-500x500.jpg

If you are looking for a nice, cheap, hard case, IMHO these are a good buy.

I gain no benefit from posting this info, just passing a long what I've found in the hope that others might benefit.

Mahalo, Booli :)

I hope folks dont mind the double-posting, I just want to make sure nobody misses out on the great prices on these cases. I have one of each now, which you will see if you read my original thread posted above, and find the cases to be a very good quality at this price for a solid-wood case.

I hope folks dont mind the double-posting, I just want to make sure nobody misses out on the great prices on these cases. I have one of each now, which you will see if you read my original thread posted above, and find the cases to be a very good quality at this price for a solid-wood case.

They are nice cases but I'm wondering why they changed the clasps on them. A couple of years ago they were selling them with those nicer, more secure hoop clasps.

Musician's Friend has 10% off orders of $99 or more and 15% off orders of $199 and more. I think I have those numbers correct. FYI: Even some brands that don't qualify for that discount by shopping online WILL get the discount if you call them on the phone. So it's definitely worth calling if you're interested in something like a *cough*mar**cough**tin*...or some other company who doesn't like coupons given online. :)

Great video. Thanks. I'm thinking the Oscar might be the one to buy.
That video was showing the Oscar, but it followed the link to a Chinese branded model for $99 that appeared to be identical to the Oscar, which I"ve seen as low as $135, but I think they are $155 now on ebay.

+1 the code on guitarcenter's site didn't work when I tried to purchase a fishman amp online. But the online chat agent said if I called in, then they would be able to apply the discount.

http://artistworks.com/

"Learn to play ukulele with world-renowned artists Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel! Learn from the privacy of your own home, on your own schedule. With access to hundreds of lessons, direct video feedback from the masters, and 35% off any 12 month subscription, what's stopping you?"
"Just use code FRIDAY35 at checkout to claim your 35% discount."

I'm not sure if this offer ends tonight, (Friday), or tomorrow night. It read to me like it goes until midnight tomorrow night, but I'm not clear on what they meant, so that might not be the case.

Top Bottom