I've got another gig

Cassie

Reaction score
Aloha guys, I have exciting news! Tomorrow I will be leaving to spend the week with my cousins on my dad side of the family again. I am going to be playing the uke for everybody at Thanksgiving dinner. If I can, I will try to get a recording. I am bringing my iPad so hopefully I will have a better Mike. I am really excited.

What do you plan on playing in your set list?
Have a great time!

What do you plan on playing in your set list?
Have a great time!

Basically some songs for the children. I'm thinking of doing John Brown's baby, there ain't no bugs on me, bring me a little water Sylvie, did you feed my cow which is a traditional call and response song and I think that is about it. I might even do a Hawaiian Christmas song just for the heck of getting into the season.

Have fun! It's great that someone else will be bringing a ukulele too, and can join in.

Have fun! It's great that someone else will be bringing a ukulele too, and can join in.

I have to agree, I don't think I have ever had another uke Player with me. Speaking of which, I just thought I heard an ukulele player in this year's thanksgiving parade. I don't know if they were actually playing or if it was recorded .

WTG Cassie!

OK everybody, here is the moment you've all been waiting for! I have a recording and a dropbox link. I must warn you though, the recording is quite long. You will hear a lot of different things going on but in the end you will hear ukulele playing from not one but two soprano ukuleles. You probably won't be able to hear the second one that well. The other one is a friend of mine her name is Alice. She has a Luna soprano ukulele Without further ado, here is the drop box link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvt8u5lv3...ildren and getting a few tips myself.m4a?dl=1

Enjoy .:D

Good for you Cassie. I just caught up to this thread, but belatedly I thought I would make a song suggestion, our group just started learning "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" which coincidentally is being used by the post office Christmas commercials too. Great kids song.

Last edited:
I'm glad you liked it. I apologize for the recording was so long but I was actually getting a few pointers also. You probably already noticed that.

Top Bottom