kanile'a buzzing problem

flipanda

Reaction score
So today I go to play my ukulele. and as i was strumming, i noticed a buzz.

it came from the a string. so i was plucking to see if it was towards the head or the body part.

its coming from right where the pin holds the string in. so maybe i think its the pin? i take out the pin an the string is still held in place in the slot in the hole and the buzzing persists. its not a quiet buzz either. its loud. it sounds like the string is vibrating in the slot.

its jus about a month old. what should i do? contact kanile'a about it? or should i jus take it to someone for a repair?

and if i take it to someone for a repair, does anyone know of a place in socal?
i live near island bazaar and im gonna go to the kolohe thing today and inquire about it there also.

but i would appreciate UU's help in the matter.

thank you

little update.

its buzzing from where the string sits on the saddle. cuz if i hold the string when its on the saddle no buzz.

but im still a little irate. i jus bought this 3 weeks ago and problems galore.

i got it in island legends in torrance.

think i can return or exchange it? ( i tried calling a bunch of times since 3. only got the answering machine wtf.)

Get your uke back to the store and talk to them. It's an expensive instrument and if the construction was faulty you return it. If they can fix it, you have a great uke.

Go to the store, internet forums do not fix your problem.

Let us know how things worked out for you :)

yea ill be heading there on thursday. got class tomorrow.

but im gonna try calling island legends again tomorrow. it was weird that i didnt get one person at all when i tried calling since 3 this afternoon.

Actually, I had that problem with the C string on my Kanilea as well, about a month after I got it. But it only buzzed if I would strum it too hard or strum it a certain way. I had no idea where mine was coming from. I never changed my strings or anything, and it definitely was not there when I bought it. And after a while, like a few months, it just magically went back to normal again.

Yeah, sorry that doesn't help you with your problem, but I just wanted you to know that I had a problem with mine too, but it's all better now. The magical menehune went and did some work on it while it was in the case or something, but I just waited and it fixed itself. Maybe that'd work for you, probably not though.

id rather not wait to see if itll fix itself. im leavin soon to go to island legends.

ill update later about what happens.

so i decide to ditch class to go over to island legends.

lemme jus say...PROPS TO THEM!!!

omg nothing but help and care. he checked out the buzzing problem and he couldnt find a cause for it. he even offered to change the strings to try to see if it buzzed again. i had assured him i had already tried different strings and the buzz remained.

so he offered that he could send it to kanile'a himself and see what they say OR i could jus change it out for something else.

i did love that ukulele but i didnt want to wait a week or however long. so i offered to jus switch it out for another kanile'a that he had jus gotten.

he even gave me a couple herco case humidifiers for free. omg if i ever need anything, im jus gonna go all the way down to torrance (im in tustin so about 37 miles) and shop there. dont get me wrong, island bazaar is an okay store too, but i didnt recieve that kind of care and help there then i did today at island legends.

I'm so glad to see that it all worked out for you. I bought my Kanile'a at Island Bazaar but I have always been impressed with the guy at Island Legends. I sort of wish I had gotten my uke from him. He has always been great, and I'm glad to see he took care of your issue. I'm even happier to see you went with another Kanile'a. :D

Top Bottom