WTB mid range Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevs-the-name

Reaction score
Hi.
I am actively looking to purchase a ‘midrange’ tenor ukulele.
Particularly interested in a used K brand uke, but can be persuaded by other options.

Uk sales would be preferred but not essential
What's out there at the moment please?

Cheers
KEVIN

Mid range is subjective to each person. I personally consider K brands mid range in the price-scheme of things. But to me and my finances, they're top shelf :)

I would look for a used Pono Pro Classic Tenor. Superb value.

Tenor uke

Hi, I have a Pono tenor uke with cedar top and rosewood body cut-away, with passive pickup. Contact me if interested. Thanks.

Mid range is subjective to each person. I personally consider K brands mid range in the price-scheme of things. But to me and my finances, they're top shelf :)

To be honest, these are my feelings exactly. it is very much subjective.
I can just about afford a used 'low end' K brand ukulele, however I recognise that these can go into thousands....
this is what i am after (or equivalent)

I was not after a Mainland, (non elite) Kala or standard Pono for example -

All K brands do not fall into the same category......apples to apples, etc.............

Without appearing to insight an argument. what level would you describe a K brand as?

Thanks for your suggestions btw.

I just thought it odd to be thinking of 'K' brands as mid range, but everyone sets their own targets, dependent on income. :)

I would call them upper range. ;)

Edit: Custom built are in a league of their own!

Last edited:
I just thought it odd to be thinking of 'K' brands as mid range, but everyone sets their own targets, dependent on income. :)

I would call them upper range. ;)

Edit: Custom built are in a league of their own!

I agree in part with this.
i guess my wording was not the best.
A new K brand is pushing my price range somewhat. and these come in at a vast range of prices! the premium version is WAY beyond

But a used version of their entry level... perfect!

a Hive, Collings, or Compass rose for instance is what I would consider High end.
and as you say. Customs like Howlett, Barron River, Beau Hannam etc... well.....Things of dreams x

What is your target price point? I have some surplus ukes at the moment that I've been meaning to list. A Pepe Romero custom Spruce/Flamed Maple that I scored a killer deal on ($1,400 USD - sold for over $2k by HMS) and just bought pass along. It's this one: http://www.theukulelesite.com/pepe-romero-custom-spruce-maple-tenor.html

I also have a Collings UT3SMB because I bought one and then another one came up with slightly better figuring in the maple. Both are incredible sounding but this would be over $2k.

Both of these are stunning options Eddie. But they come under 'high end' for me!
Thank you for the suggestion/offer.

I may have just obtained an almost new Koaloha Tenor with Misi pickup.
Still... if something else comes up?
Thanks guys
Kevin

Both of these are stunning options Eddie. But they come under 'high end' for me!
Thank you for the suggestion/offer.

I may have just obtained an almost new Koaloha Tenor with Misi pickup.
Still... if something else comes up?
Thanks guys
Kevin

Understood. I wasn't sure of your price point. Good luck on your acquisition!

Very pleased to say I managed to acquire a very nicely priced used but immaculate Koaloha Tenor with Misi pickup.

Thank you for your advice and discussion.
Still have to try out a Kanile’a K1 at some point tho (possible trade in the making one day maybe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom