Gnuf 2017

YorkSteve

Still strummin'
UU VIP
Reaction score
Tickets are on sale today for GNUF 2017, at Huddersfield, UK. Last year quite a few UU people were there, both performing and enjoying. It really is a great weekend.
http://northernuke.com/tickets/

Oh! And as with past years, if you're a UU regular do let us know. I'm trying to find ways to welcome UU folks and thought maybe a special badge or sticker or shirt or even just a free coffee or beer this year would be a good idea.

:)

I'm open to suggestions.
x maryagnes (GNUF nerd) x

Free beer you say? Where do I join the queue?

Oh! And as with past years, if you're a UU regular do let us know. I'm trying to find ways to welcome UU folks and thought maybe a special badge or sticker or shirt or even just a free coffee or beer this year would be a good idea.

:)

I'm open to suggestions.
x maryagnes (GNUF nerd) x

Sound thinking here.

I still have a sticker on a case to remember the first Cairns Ukulele Festival from 2006(?).

Stickers for GNUF or discussion starters.

"The Grand Old Uke of York" (It had 10,000 strums, it strummed them up to the top of the hill, and strummed them down again)
"Uking on Ouse"
"Northern Roses and Minstrel Lads"
"York 71-2017 GNUF"

Might be copyright issues - The Grand Old Uke of York is a group, and a pretty fine one too. And the references to the Ouse and York would be OK if the festival was in York - but it's in Huddersfield.

Now, about that free beer...

...sorry my answer is geographically inaccurate. Obviously it would be an insult to accuse a Huddersfield person of living in York, I am sorry for the insult. ... If you do want to give something away, stickers are cheaper than beer and will last a lot longer. "GNUF 2017" or something similar can be printed in a legible format in a small sticker that can find a place on most cases and last for many years.
No problem Bill - no insult taken! (I live in York, but would not be insulted if someone said I lived in Huddersfield, a fine town). And you are right about the stickers. I already have GNUF 2014, 2015, & 2016 on one case and bizarrely, one from the Newcastle NewSouthWales ukulele festival on another - it traveled half way round the world with the uke that was inside.

Look forward to bumping into you again Yorksteve, although not at the Cambridge Hotel this time. :(
h

Top Bottom