Bargain

Timbuck

Reaction score
These just arrived via UPS ..7 ukulele size mahogany billets, no knots splits or defects "sawn almost on the quarter"...I spotted them on Ebay.. 5 at 12 inch square 2 slightly smaller all 50mm thick looks like Honduran Mahogany , could be Cuban, enough for 30 or more soprano or concert instrument tops and backs. £25 the lot :smileybounce:
PICT0006.jpg (click on image to view full size)

Last edited:
Looks sweet... Now you are going to have to turn them into ukuleles. I imagine it is getting colder in Wales. We don't want to hear of any "loss of motivation" Ken. Hot coffee! A knit cap! White fingers! Forget the warm chair in front of the Telly watching cricket or whatever it is you guys watch over there. Time to get out and resaw some wood!

It's going to be a long time before I'll get round to resawing these...I'm busy at the moment making some more string spacing gauges..the six pointer is now overtaking the four pointer in popularity .. a few have gone to Italy Spain and Portugal to those Flamenco type builders, and I just got an enquiry from a music shop repair dept in the US called Sweetwater..they say that they could find use for one or two.

Top Bottom