Out for a walk on a college campus playing my ukulele.

Sanfe

Reaction score
While my kids were running around playing Pokemon Go at a local university campus, I tagged along with my little ukulele.

Because of the various architecture, my ukulele sounded BIG before some of the buildings. Some buildings made my ukulele sound HUGE, others had awesome reverberation, and others both! It felt good to play outdoors/outside under the sun, to even ducks and turtles (unfortunately, my only captive audience). It was a totally different and awesome experience to hear my playing like that.

I should try the parking garages next.

What a nice experience. It's great you had your uke with you. I think a parking garage would be fun - a huge echo chamber!

Stairwells, particularly those between parking garage floors are like a kicked up echo chamber.........of course ukulele playing will encourage a security detail visit.

As my hearing has deteriorated, I sometimes hear echoes for no apparent reason....:confused:

I think that sounds fun. I would not have thought to do that, but now I'm going to.

We once took our ukes to our local park. We need to do it again. Thanks for the tip!

My personal favorite place so far for outdoor playing was in a slot canyon in southern Utah - amazing place to be.

Stairwells, particularly those between parking garage floors are like a kicked up echo chamber.........of course ukulele playing will encourage a security detail visit.

I sometimes like to play while leaning on a lamp-post at the corner of the street, and have been asked to move along by the police on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom