Holiday Wish List 2016

ghostrdr

Reaction score
What are you all asking Santa or your spouse or your family member or loved one for? I presume there will be lots of I want a Moore Bettah custom ukulele or Kamaka this or KoAloha that or Kanile'a or Ko'Olau tenor, concert, soprano or baritone, etc.

I need to add a few things to my wish lists for my family for the holidays and want to know what the cool kids are getting or have for the ukulele besides more ukuleles. :cool: I need a few ideas. :confused:

What Cases are you drooling over?

Stands? Ukulele or music?

Straps?

Stickers?

Ukulele Bling?

Stressed over which Hygrometer to get?

Humidifier? Polish cloths?

Tuners?

Strings?

Buttons?

Ukulele Clothes?

Cool Hats?

fingertip bandaids?

I am pretty satisfied with my little collection of ukuleles. Each was well thought out before purchasing. What I really need is strings changed on a bunch of them. Then I would think I have new ukes :)

Nobody (friends/family) can afford my wish list.

I would be run out of town on a rail if they saw the asking prices of some of the ukes...

Instead I want some time with ZERO stress and a small chance of having PEACE OF MIND for a while. They would be nice gifts right now.

For some reason im very intrigued by the Kamoa E3 soprano in red. That may be my one wish list item for the distant future.

I wasn't planning on buying myself a uke for a Hanukkah gift, but I saw a very interesting design by the guy in Vietnam from whom I've had customs made, Bruce Wei, so I decided to see if he could make me one in blonde wood, which I've been partial to for a long time. We decided on solid spalted mango for the top and head plate, solid curly mango for the sides and body, maple neck, ebony fretboard and bridge, with a Florentine cutaway. It's unique in that it does not have a sound hole on top, it has a side sound hole and a series of openings all around the bouts. It's only $380 plus $65 shipping from Vietnam. I've had pretty good luck with his customs so I'm really looking forward to this one.

BWA spalted tenor 1000.jpg

Last edited:
I've had good luck with the Snark tuners. I know someone in another thread recommended the Ubertuner. Both are on Amazon now for pretty cheap

In this order:

Kala SMHTE-C tenor uke
Hard case
Lanikai tuner
Aquilla Reds
A chance to be an ukulele instructor..

...and the time to fool with it all.

I wasn't planning on buying myself a uke for a Hanukkah gift, but I saw a very interesting design by the guy in Vietnam from whom I've had customs made, Bruce Wei, so I decided I would see if he could make me one in blonde wood, which I've been partial to for a long time. We decided on solid spalted mango for the top and head plate, solid curly mango for the sides and body, maple neck, ebony fretboard and bridge, with a Florentine cutaway. It's unique in that it does not have a sound hole on top, it has a side side hole and a series of openings all around the bouts. It's only $380 plus $65 shipping from Vietnam. I've had pretty good luck with his customs so I'm really looking forward to this one.

BWA spalted tenor 1000.jpg

Interesting design. Be interested to hear how it sounds. Also the strings on the bridge look like they are tied a bit differently. Congrats and cheers!

Nobody (friends/family) can afford my wish list.

I would be run out of town on a rail if they saw the asking prices of some of the ukes...

Instead I want some time with ZERO stress and a small chance of having PEACE OF MIND for a while. They would be nice gifts right now.

I'm going to plagiarize Booli's list. It's a good one. Maybe the best one.

(But a new spruce topped baritone wouldn't be refused!)

Why a Lanikai tuner? Just curious what it offers than others, such as the D'Addario micro, does not...

I don't see as good as I used to so having the large display and color readout helps. I'm sure there are other tuners with less flimsy buttons, but it has served me well.

Orion telescope to look at the stars.

I started a thread elsewhere, & said that I wouldn't be buying myself anything more as I have been spending all year.

Well that didn't last long! :rolleyes:

I read about a Hawiian Tune Book, so sent off for it - & then today I found out there were some ukes going 'cheap', so I now have a Lani LB70 spruce top baritone on order as well. :cheers:

I'm going to plagiarize Booli's list. It's a good one. Maybe the best one.

(But a new spruce topped baritone wouldn't be refused!)

LOL. Thanks brother, but it dont have to be plagiarism since I give permission. Feel free to quote and re-use as necessary. :)

Interesting design. Be interested to hear how it sounds. Also the strings on the bridge look like they are tied a bit differently. Congrats and cheers!

Bruce uses bridges that have two sets of holes to anchor the strings, double wrap idea. When I change the strings, I don't bother with them, I use one hole and standard knots.

I want a fishman acoustic amp I think...

The leader of our group just bought the Fishman Loudbox Artist 120w for about $575, excellent amp. She had the Loudbox Mini for years, until it died, 60w for about $330.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for DH's continued enthusiastic support of my participation in the Luongo Ukulele Experience . I'm learning so gosh-darn much and really enjoying the emphasis on ensemble playing (and singing--something I *never* thought I'd be able to do), but it means lots of nightly practice as well as meeting up with the LUE folks for multi-day workshops every couple of months in a city that's 4.5 hours away... That's my best Christmas wish this year. Oh, and at least one of the tenor Oahu Leather-covered Hardshell Cases from TheUkuleleSite.com. That's it!

I would like a sopranino ukulele for Christmas! However, I am not going to get it because I want to use that money to pay down debt. But, if I were rich, yeah, I'd be getting one of those . . .

I bought a soprano Mango Pono this summer so I would have a really good ukulele and I bought new strings to try, so maybe I'll restring it for Christmas.

I've been checking the ukulele site for cases. They seem to be out of most of their tenor cases. Hopefully they get a few more soon. I kind of like their tweed ones.

I'm hoping for DH's continued enthusiastic support of my participation in the Luongo Ukulele Experience . I'm learning so gosh-darn much and really enjoying the emphasis on ensemble playing (and singing--something I *never* thought I'd be able to do), but it means lots of nightly practice as well as meeting up with the LUE folks for multi-day workshops every couple of months in a city that's 4.5 hours away... That's my best Christmas wish this year. Oh, and at least one of the tenor Oahu Leather-covered Hardshell Cases from TheUkuleleSite.com. That's it!

Top Bottom