NUD: Koaloha Longneck Soprano

onyx725

Reaction score
So I got a new Koaloha longneck soprano this week, courtesy of Sam13. I play mostly concerts and I thought, a longneck soprano with the brightness of a regular soprano and the comfortable concert scale would be a great addition to my growing stable of ukes. Was I in for a pleasant surprise! This uke is loud! And light and oh so playable! I can't believe how awesome and bright and cheerful the sound of this uke is. And did I say light? I'm so happy everytime I play it. It was more than I expected and to top it off, Sam13 was a joy to work with, sending me info, photos and sound clips so I know what I'm getting. It was one of the best, if not the best, buying experience I had. The tuners are a bit stiff so I may take this with me to Oahu when we go there in the spring and get them checked out as I was informed of the 'better than the weather' Koaloha warranty. A great reason to tour the Koaloha factory, as well.

I just love this ukulele and I became an instant Koaloha fan!

:smileybounce::smileybounce::smileybounce:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 28
I feel you and happy new uke day! I have the concert and i fail to see/hear how it could get any better. They truly give you bags of tone from soft picking to giving it welly and then some. Very easy on the eye too. Wait till you play it in! By the sounds of the rightfully enthusiastic post that won't take long. :D

Congrats on a fine acquisition and smooth transaction with @sam13!

Congratulations on getting a great instrument. Koaloha make fantastic ukes with amazing tone and volume. Sam13 is a good friend and I have played that super soprano and it is everything you say about it and more.

So glad it went to a good home and you are enjoying it.

Congrats, and lucky ducky! I have been thinking about adding a soprano to my harem, and had been leaning Kamaka, just to see what they were like... but now you have me wondering about my lean. :D

So I got a new Koaloha longneck soprano this week, courtesy of Sam13. I play mostly concerts and I thought, a longneck soprano with the brightness of a regular soprano and the comfortable concert scale would be a great addition to my growing stable of ukes. Was I in for a pleasant surprise! This uke is loud! And light and oh so playable! I can't believe how awesome and bright and cheerful the sound of this uke is. And did I say light? I'm so happy everytime I play it. It was more than I expected and to top it off, Sam13 was a joy to work with, sending me info, photos and sound clips so I know what I'm getting. It was one of the best, if not the best, buying experience I had. The tuners are a bit stiff so I may take this with me to Oahu when we go there in the spring and get them checked out as I was informed of the 'better than the weather' Koaloha warranty. A great reason to tour the Koaloha factory, as well.

I just love this ukulele and I became an instant Koaloha fan!

:smileybounce::smileybounce::smileybounce:

Onyx725, it was my pleasure. You are such a super lady and so easy to work with.

I am so glad it brings you so much joy.

It is a lovely instrument and I wish you many hours of pleasurable music making with it.

We will have to get together to jam, when I come to Vancity in the distant future.

I've read a lot of great feedback on Koalohas and from videos, reviews and sound clips I looked into, I knew it was one I'd like to have in the future. So when the opportunity presented itself, I just went for it. I almost went for the Opio sapele but I thought if a great deal on a koa Koaloha came along, I'd grab it. And then along came Sam13...

Uk3player78 - we have the same preference in ukes. My Martin C1K is my other favourite. Now, the Koaloha has been getting a lot of playing time.

Eddie - thanks for the note :)

Aldwyn - lol on your sig! I hope the UAS is curbed or I'll end up looking at the KCM-00. I'm a concert girl!

Dave - wow, so you helped break in this instrument with Sam13? No wonder it sounds so good!

Sam13 - I might end up going to the east next year to visit family and friends. We used to live in Mississauga. Or head on here in the spring for the Van Uke Festival. Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, Gerald Ross, Aaron & Nicole Keim are some of the artists headlining the event.

What a great community UU is!

Aldwyn - lol on your sig! I hope the UAS is curbed or I'll end up looking at the KCM-00. I'm a concert girl!

Its getting better... this thread helped enable me to buy my own KoAloha longneck soprano. Now lets see if I can get away with not buying another uke until after International Gift Exchange Day! :D

(But, but... I still need to try a Kamaka and a Ko'olau, right??)

Top Bottom