The Uke Lifestyle

JKoval

Reaction score
...This may sound like it's trying to hard... but I really fell in love with the uke after playing for about half a year now. What kinds of things do you have or would you suggest to 'accesorize' the life... for example... Deach has an aquarium padded with carpet and it's his Uke-Tank... what kind of items do you have guys have?

-Jeff

(Bling, art, decor, etc. are acceptable and welcomed!)

I've been going around wearing a cool hat playing the Uke and when people ask me what name is I say "My name is Aldrine G." :p I kid!!! I kid!!!

Well, get one of these for your bumper:

sticker_and_case.jpg

and then this for the rear view mirror:

accredited_2051_27220157

Then one of these to sport around in:

d_65.jpg

Then I think everyone would know you're a uker! :shaka:

Like a few others, I own a PLETHORA of ukulele-themed Hawaiian shirts and t-shirts. I also have the above bumper stickers, etc. Beware, it's a slippery slope!

...This may sound like it's trying to hard... but I really fell in love with the uke after playing for about half a year now. What kinds of things do you have or would you suggest to 'accesorize' the life... for example... Deach has an aquarium padded with carpet and it's his Uke-Tank... what kind of items do you have guys have?

-Jeff

(Bling, art, decor, etc. are acceptable and welcomed!)

A uke tank? I'd love to see what that's about.

I consider uke to be an addition to the "tropical" state of mind.
Before i started playing uke, I acquired a boat load of tropical themed stuff...including a ton of Aloha shirts. The uke one that was posted here I have in black..but now have to find it in blue. That looks sweet!

I have been contemplating on building a uke humidifier closet. I think it would be better than keeping them in their cases with individual humis. Other than that, I have a bunch of shirts, autographed cd's and a growing uke collection.

Sounds like I need some more uke shwag. :shaka:

I live in Hawai'i :shaka:

sticker_and_case.jpg

I bought this as a patch off e-bay and have it sewn onto my jacket with all my other dorky insterests like scooters and Soviet Union paraphernalia.

hmm... i made a uke box. does that count? I just used the box my first uke came shipped in as a sort of frame, then surfaced it with sturdier material inside and out and added hinges and whatnot. Then I covered it in old Rolling Stone magazine covers. i put a little handle on it too so it can be a carrying case as well.

hmm... i made a uke box. does that count? I just used the box my first uke came shipped in as a sort of frame, then surfaced it with sturdier material inside and out and added hinges and whatnot. Then I covered it in old Rolling Stone magazine covers. i put a little handle on it too so it can be a carrying case as well.

Pics, plz ?

Top Bottom