NUUD - Mya-Moe Tenor

wildfire070

Reaction score
Got a secondhand MM tenor classic and I'm glad I jumped on it when I saw it. I was hoping to find a concert but came upon this one instead. Tenors haven't worked out for me in the past, but I think it was because I hadn't found the right one. Out of all the tenors I've tried, this one felt the best in my hands.

I love the MM build...so light, smooth, and well-balanced. According to the uketracker, this one was completed just 6 months ago, so its still a very new instrument and looks amazing with the master grade koa. Plus, I really like the custom headplate...reminds me of Harry Potter's lightning bolt scar haha.

IMG_5182.jpg IMG_5180.jpg 1976Full.jpg

That's a really nice find. I hope you enjoy immensely.

Congrats on your new Mya Moe. Gordon, Char, and Aaron make wonderful ukuleles. And that koa and custom headplate are fantastic!

Thanks! Yes, low G currently. I couldn't believe the original owner let it go, especially only after a few months, but I sure am glad I was able to get it.

Congratulations on a spectacular Mya Moe, that koa is some of the finest I have ever seen Mya Moe use. I know you have been itching to buy a MM for a while now and the wait certainly paid off.

Do you think you could add a close up picture of the headstock, it looks very unique and well done. Hope you it enjoy for a very long time

That is some fantastic looking Koa. I like the way Mya Moe's feel and play. Getting such a nice one second hand is a lucky catch. Enjoy it!

Awesome MM! That headstock looks great. I'm glad even though you were more looking for a concert you went with a tenor. MM tenors feel a little smaller compared to other tenors but as a result are very easy to play and hold, they are great for those wanting to dive into the tenor size. Enjoy your beauty!

I saw this for sale the other day and was tempted by it. It looks great. Glad to see it will be enjoyed by someone here.

Wow, that's gorgeous. Who in the world would sell that? (Maybe the cupboards were bare)
Congrats

Do you think you could add a close up picture of the headstock, it looks very unique and well done. Hope you it enjoy for a very long time

IMG_5223.jpg

I love how they incorporated the sapwood into the headstock design. I've been spending some time today playing it and just can't get over how great it feels in my hands...so light and responsive. The thin neck makes it an easy player and the sound is amazing. I'm super happy with this uke.

Last edited:
congratulations! I got my Tenor - #2004 - in September of this year.

Light, well made, sounds better and better every day.

love my MM

I'm thinking about replacing the G string with a Fremont Soloist Low G string. I've got that string on a soprano but with this being a tenor, will the string tension be a lot higher? Should I get a different low G made specifically for tenor?

I'm thinking about replacing the G string with a Fremont Soloist Low G string. I've got that string on a soprano but with this being a tenor, will the string tension be a lot higher? Should I get a different low G made specifically for tenor?

For me, a Fremont on a soprano feels very floppy whereas on a tenor it feels just right. So it's subjective but yes it will feel tighter. I think a Fremont balances very well tension wise with worth carbons as well as oasis, and would describe it as medium tension on a tenor. But again that is subjective and what my fingers tell me.

Congrats on a beautiful Uke. I've also found that the Soloist works best with tenor or concert. It seems a little sloppy to me on a soprano.

Top Bottom