FS: Southcoast Strings - LML-WB 1.6 (wound 4th "low g")

Recstar24

Reaction score
Hello!

I recently purchased these strings, strung up only the 4th string, and felt that the tension was a little lower than what I am looking for, and put it back in the packaging uncut. The other strings have not been opened from their original packaging. However, it is clear these are very high quality strings and if you are looking for a low G set with a dead silent wound 4th string and slightly lower than medium tension for a very comfortable feel, I think these would be a great fit for you.

Here is the southcoast link for more info:

http://www.southcoastukes.com/linear.htm

I would like to unload for $13 with shipping and paypal included.

I saw a post that mentioned Southcoast was changing the manufacturing recipe for some of their strings. Is this one of those sets, or is it the old recipe?

This set was recommended to me for a longer scale tenor that David Ingalls is building for me. I think they would work best on 18" or 19" scale. That is probably why the tension is a little lower than what you expected.

I put this string set on a uke and tuned the uke up a half step per Dirk's instructions, and the tension was just right. This is ok if your just playing by yourself, but if your playing with others or recording, the half step up tuning would be a problem.

This the newest formulation version 1.6. A half step up on tenor or a 18-19" I would definitely say would probably be right on. Feel free to PM me if you want another back up pair :)

Top Bottom