FS: MINT Pono MGT PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanman

Reaction score
I have a mint Pono Mango Tenor Pro Classic that I got this past summer from HMS. This is a new model of theirs and it sounds great. The only thing that keeps me from playing it a lot is I have a previously broken left wrist that hurts when fretting this uke. If you know you love Ponos then you should really consider this sweet sounding Mango. Mango is a very distinct sound that I really dig. I also have a Pono pineapple mango concert that is easier on my left hand.

The exact ukulele I'm offering is the one here in both the photos and video:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/pono/pono-pro-classic-mango-tenor-mgt-pc.html

Check out the sound for yourself. Kalei seemed to like it.

Currently set up with Ko'olau Mahana strings with Aquila Red series low G, Mahana high g string in case.

$475 firm shipped free CONUS and I cover PayPal. Would make a great holiday fruitcake gift! Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
IMG_2550.jpg

Obligatory hostage photo.

For more pics please see Andrew's expert shots in the link above. Includes non original O'ahu hardshell case because I got it with a gig bag which I want to keep.

Last edited:
I have the series 5 version of this uke and love, love, love it... Mine is strung high G with all Thomastik Infeld nylon strings and it sounds so balanced and sweet. What a treat. Mango is a lovely tone wood. If I didn't already own mine, I'd buy yours in a second. It's a great price for the quality of this uke. Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:
Curious. Does this have a radius fretboard.

It is a Pono Pro Classic, but didn't see it on HMS's site.

I can't speak to this uke, but I have a plain-Jane MGT and I have a hard time putting it down. I expect this one would sound as good as it looks, and the price quoted above is practically a steal.

Curious. Does this have a radius fretboard.

It is a Pono Pro Classic, but didn't see it on HMS's site.

Yes, definitely has radius fretboard.

The model is on their site, just for some reason not in the tenor section of Pono. But if you select the Pono brand without any filter and just read through I think 5 pages of all their models it's there in the middle.

I have the series 5 version of this uke and love, love, love it... Mine is strung high G with all Thomastik Infeld nylon strings and it sounds so balanced and sweet. What a treat. Mango is a lovely tone wood. If I didn't already own mine, I'd buy yours in a second. It's a great price for the quality of this uke. Good luck with the sale!

Yes, Ponos offer such a great value and the quality is truly amazing! And really some of the best tone out there. I love Mango too and would never sell this if i didn't have issues with my hand. I will never sell my deluxe mango pineapple concert!

Last edited:
Wow! I can't believe that his has yet to sell. I was looking for this exact model a few months back but it was not available at HMS. Eventually I purchased the MGTD. Such fine beautiful tone. I don't regret my purchase, but this is a better deal. My (long) review of the Pono Mango Tenor can be read in the Review section of this forum. I suspect that the build and tone impressions would also apply to this PC. Good luck with the sale.

Yes, definitely has radius fretboard.

The model is on their site, just for some reason not in the tenor section of Pono. But if you select the Pono brand without any filter and just read through I think 5 pages of all their models it's there in the middle.

If I was looking to sell THIS PONO ... I would ask Andrew to fix his description. For many people, a radius does not matter. But for many of us it does. I would post another link to show it does.

Sale pending receipt of payment. If anything fails, uke will go to next PM in line. Thanks for your interest!

I contacted Andrew who did confirm this has a radius and has since changed the link so it shows it has one.

Good luck to the new purchaser ... superb tone on this ... Pono Pro Classic Tenors are excellent value for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom