Ebay Virgin....

UkEdman90

Reaction score
NO MORE PEEPS! :shaka:

i know its nothing big but i just bought something with MY pay pal not the parents haha. anyways i just bought an aquila wound low g pack. before i string them up what should i expect to have complications with stringing up low g. will the thickness of the string cause problem with the nut?? also take time to post your likes and or dislikes about a low g setup. lets hear it all down to the nitty gritty!

thx
-Don

oh yeah i think i might have to cure my UAS real quick ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/JUST-ARRIVED-PO...16224QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Low G on tenor

I put a Low G on my Kala Mango Tenor, and the change was trouble free. I am using the Worths Clear Med– so it is not a wound string. I didn't have to make any adjustments to the uke set up at all. And, I love the warmth of the low G tuning. I have a long neck soprano tuned to high G so I can go back and forth. Both tunings have something to offer, and it's a lot of fun to experiment. The transformation in the sound is almost like getting another uke. Have fun!

–Lori

From my experience, the wound low G in the Aquila set only lasts about two days before it starts becoming unwound at almost every point where it touches the frets. :( I hope it was a dud, and that you have better luck with yours.

I like the sound of low G. Just haven't found the right strings for it yet.

I bought the same pack too and the wound low G was way too loud. It was good for picking but way too over powering when strumming.. IMO

What's ebay?

this new high fangled thing on the internet! :eek:

i know freaking crazy! WHAT IS THE INTERNET!!!

anyways got them in the mail yesterday, strung em up did my patented secret way to break the strings in FAST and they sound really good. actually fabulous!

i like the mellow sound of low g gotta get used to it thou. good thing i have an aquila high g laying around :D

Top Bottom