Used Kohaloa Concert Sceptre asking $650

knygren

Reaction score
I have decided to sell my 2012 Koaloha Concert-neck Sceptre. Since developing arthritis in my hands, I really only play my soprano uke, which has a lower action than the sceptre. So, this lovely instrument should belong to someone who will play it more!

I am the original owner, and bought this directly from Brian at Koaloha as a factory second. The only reason it was classified as a second is a tiny imperfection just above the sound hole, which looks like a 0.5 mm faint surface ding--see close up picture --I can barely see it unless I get about 10 inches away from the uke and look closely. I have priced this baby to move at $650, which includes the box and shipping to anywhere in US.

Addendum/disclosure: One of the folks interested in this Uke asked if there is any sinking between the bridge and sound hole. It looks flat to my eye, but I just took a straight edge ruler to be certain, and --lo and behold-- there is a subtle 1/16" depression at the midline. Apparently this is an area that is prone to have this happen on the sceptres due to the design. I then search UU to see what I could find out and came across a helpful thread about this topic (as well as being an inspiring story with a happy ending) :

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ha-Sceptre-top-sunk&highlight=sceptre+dishing

The good news is that Koaloha seems to really stand by their work and will apparently fix this issue at their cost, minus a partial shipping fee to Hawaii. I just emailed Brian at Koaloha to ask him more about the issue, but i wanted to disclose it fully so folks could make an informed choice.

IMG_0535.jpgimage.jpgimage_2.jpgimage 2.jpgimage 3.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh! What a great deal...will PM, strumsilly I'll gladly take it if you pass.

I sent a PM also. Looks like I'm in line behind Recstar24.

The good news is that Koaloha seems to really stand by their work and will apparently fix this issue at their cost, minus a partial shipping fee to Hawaii. I just emailed Brian at Koaloha to ask him more about the issue, but i wanted to disclose it fully so folks could make an informed choice.

FYI: I bought a sceptre a few years back from a forum member and had a issue with the bridge later. i called Koaloha and told them I was not the original owner. They did not care. I sent it back to them and they fixed it and even wanted to pay the shipping for me to send it to them. Needless to say I was impressed! XTRADUST, you got a deal!

Top Bottom