I just ate this fish....

Probably the same reason that restaurants serve Fugu despite claims of 10-20 deaths per year.

There's a demand for these types of foods. Perhaps it's a form of dietary masochism (enjoyment of hardship ... including the risk of death)? :confused:

wtf

Ironic...I was just at Oki-Tan sushi the other night. Sushi is my expensive habit. I had never seen "butterfish" offered on any sushi menu before.

I even asked the sushi chef what it was all about. Butterfish is the same thing you ate. Thank goodness I didn't try it.

Seriously...why serve it when it has been banned in some countries??

...ewww. That was one of the most graphic wikipedia pages ever.:eek:

that's rough, good luck with that rayan.

Ironic...I was just at Oki-Tan sushi the other night. Sushi is my expensive habit. I had never seen "butterfish" offered on any sushi menu before.

I even asked the sushi chef what it was all about. Butterfish is the same thing you ate. Thank goodness I didn't try it.

Seriously...why serve it when it has been banned in some countries??

Butterfish is ok, its this "hawaiian butter fish" that is no good.

that doesnt look like a safe fish from the get go, u aight ryan? what kinda side effects are u having. heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea GO Pepto bismol? Hope you get better.

So was it sushi? I think the narliest sushi i've ever had was sea urchin.

Oh my gosh, why do they serve that there?? Where did you go? I'll be sure to avoid that place!

So was it sushi? I think the narliest sushi i've ever had was sea urchin.

I got my friend to try it last week. She nearly threw up. But I think it's tasty! :D

that doesnt look like a safe fish from the get go, u aight ryan? what kinda side effects are u having. heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea GO Pepto bismol? Hope you get better.

Basically about an hour after I ate it, I started to just feel sick. And this is kind of gross but like wikipedia said, it's like I was farting out olive oil (gross, i know). I debated not going in to work today but I had some meetings I needed to attend.

It's pretty much gone now though. Not eating that fish ever again.

Just when I thought the worst was over. The Walu came back with a vengance. Damn you Walu!!!!!!!

walu, isnt that like the samoan tuna or something?

I remember making tuna salad with da "coral" brand "walu"

was ono.

I feel you on this Rayan. Once something gets you sick. It's so hard to going back to it. I got sick from Jack in the Box, and for the first 2 nites, I was running between my 2 bathrooms throwing up in one, and dropping the deuce in the other. I had the runs for 7 days. Worst week of my life. Now I have a new view of what, "spreading the mustard!!!", means..Lol. Sorry if it's too gross. I mean like on that 7th day, when I was actually able to drop something solid, I was looking for someone to high five in my bathroom.

It's been 1 1/2 years since I've eaten Jack in the Box, Carl's, McD's, wendy's.
Probably better for me anyway.

I haven't put off burgers totally though, in the past couple of month's I was able to eat Fatburger and Tommy's without my stomach giving me that queezy feeling. But I doubt I'll ever go to any of those chain burger joints again.

On behalf of the entire UU community, I would like to extend my thanks to u Rayan. Your sacrifice has ensured that I will stay clear of the Walu (and all its other names) fish for the rest of my life. Hey at least it's oily so you don't end up all rosy red and crackly. Aloha braddah! :D

Top Bottom