PDA

View Full Version : Cordoba 24T Tenor - Slightly Rounded Back?

superp84
12-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Hey folks,

I'm new-ish to the ukulele world and have been using a borrowed soprano for a few months and decided to buy a tenor for myself. My local uke shop had a slightly damaged (scratch on the body only) Cordoba 24T tenor with cedar top for $200 and I jumped at the chance because I do truly love the sound. The instrument sounds good to me, but I wouldn't really know to be honest! : )

One thing that's bothering me is that the back of this uke is slightly.. rounded. Like, not like a pineapple uke or anything, there seems to be a bit of like, swollen feel or something? I tried taking a photo but you can't really see it. I looked at a non-damaged version of the same uke at the shop and it had the same thing, slightly rounded out at the back in the same place. Is that normal for a ukulele? could it be weather damaged?

Thank you for your help in advance!

JackLuis
12-06-2016, 08:57 AM
It's normal for some Ukes to have a slight curve on the back. They say it helps projection. If you like the way it sounds and don't mind the scratches, go for it.

Tootler
12-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Two of my ukes were made like that. It's deliberate and it does seem help projection as both are bright and have plenty volume.

stevejfc
12-06-2016, 10:45 AM
It's normal for some Ukes to have a slight curve on the back. They say it helps projection. If you like the way it sounds and don't mind the scratches, go for it.
Jack is 100% correct.

superp84
12-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Thanks folks! This is super helpful!

JackLuis
12-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Jack is 100% correct.

Would you tell that to my wife?

zztush
12-06-2016, 08:58 PM
My local uke shop had a slightly damaged (scratch on the body only) Cordoba 24T tenor with cedar top for $200 and I jumped at the chance because I do truly love the sound.

I also bought a slightly damaged (dent on the headstock) one in local music shop. It is Ibanez ewp15ltd-opn (See my signature). I am quite happy with it.

superp84
12-07-2016, 02:20 PM
I also bought a slightly damaged (dent on the headstock) one in local music shop. It is Ibanez ewp15ltd-opn (See my signature). I am quite happy with it.

Yeah! I'm not that into the way the uke looks so I figured a tiny scratch wouldn't hurt. : )