FS 50's Maccaferri Islander Deluxe

weeshan

Reaction score
What can I say...had to have one and I love it. It is in good condition for its age, has a new set of Martin M600 strings and plays great. No cracks in the body, fretboard, headstock etc. Just some light surface scratches as can be expected for something 60+ years old and some wear on the tuners but they hold just fine. I dont need 6 ukes and figure I can get another down the road if I really miss it...Christmas shopping for my kids is more important. $75 (includes shipping in the US).

Attachments

• Islander.jpg
    Islander.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 20160922_134650.jpg
    20160922_134650.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Giving this a bump - I have one of these, and they are well worth the price being asked here. Go for it!

I did and am excited - thanks for the encouragement.
Giving this a bump - I have one of these, and they are well worth the price being asked here. Go for it!

Am I correct in assuming this is sold? Thanks!

Hi, Weeshan,
Congrats on your purchase!
I believe you have the Semi-Deluxe model, based on the shape of the bridge. (I recently bought one myself). The fretboard on the Deluxe has a scalloped slanted bottom.
Best and keep on strumming!

Caliukegal is right. That’s the semi-deluxe. It’s also the coolest design of the Maccaferris, in my opinion. Great purchase!
Ernie (a Caliukeguy)

I have the same one! I need to change out the strings. I put some Nylgut on it and I think it would benefit from some fluorocarbons too!

Top Bottom