is it bad to leave your uke in a hot car all day?

a uke is like a baby... would you do it to a baby? haha!

I usually crack the windows and leave the air running for my uke.

I leave my dog in the car to keep anyone from stealing anything too.

I always have my uke in the car with me but for the past couple of days, its been really hot here in socal so If I know im gonna leave the car for several hours in the heat, I just take the uke with me to be safe. I get funny looks in the office but it oh well.. it worth knowing the uke is safe..

Last edited:
I always have my uke in the car with me but for the past couple of days, its been really hot here in socal so If I know im gonna leave the car for several hours in the heat, I just take the uke with me to be safe. I get funny looks in the office but it oh well.. it worth knowing the uke is safe..

I get funny looks without the uke.

haha thanks guys, yeah i think from now on ill just carry it inside school, because a uke IS like a baby, and i wouldnt want to do that to most babies.

YEEEESSS!!!! you could seriously damage the wood, and the wood glue could melt making that already damaged wood, fall apart. thats a big no no!!!!

lol.. i've left my uke in my car on a 40degree day.. nothing happened to it :S jz lay it on the back floor of your car with a shirt over it....

or carry it, its a uke lol not an indian guitar thing

I have my old hilo soprano that I leave in the truck and it has affected the sounds quite somewhat. but in a way. I kind of like it because every time I pick it up it has a different sound, and I can pretend that I am playing a new uke every other day.

It's in the 90's already and I don't have A/C in my house. Pretty sure my uke is going to melt over the summer.

I usually crack the windows and leave the air running for my uke.

You're not IDLING are you? Really, really anti-social habit, idling. Very environmentally hostile, too.

You're not IDLING are you? Really, really anti-social habit, idling. Very environmentally hostile, too.

Heck yeah man. I even turned the idle revs up a little so it sounds better with the new double-loud, widemouth, glass pack, tuner, dual exhaust tips.
freesmiley.php

Top Bottom