Help with "Iz" ukulele

Steve Stroot

Reaction score
Just returned from Hawaii. My wife bought an "Iz" model LA03-26 tenor ukulele (gloss black, nice design around sound hole, strap buttons) in Lahaina. It displayed a white sticker with the word "Sapele". I suspect we were given the special tourist price (ie: add 50% to normal retail) so, upon our return I tried to find any info on the instrument via the internet. I'm unable to find anything. Does anyone have any info on this uke?

If you were in Lahaina, I would have bought from Kula Gold. The owner was absolutely wonderful talking to us when we were there. I hope your ukulele meets your needs and that you didn't get charged an exorbitant amount for it.

I get the sense that the ukulele was a gift from your wife? If that is the case, just roll with it. At that pricing from Alibaba (which is not anywhere near what you would pay in a store), the ukulele is a laminate--so if it is nice looking, it can simply be hung on a wall and a reminder of a nice trip to Hawaii. If it plays decently (as many ukuleles do, regardless of price), that is even a greater benefit.

But, at worst you have a wall hanging to remind you of your trip, regardless of cost. That isn't so bad.

Top Bottom