NUD Bonanza Minty-Fresh Boomerang Tenor

OhioBelle

Reaction score
"When I eat a York Peppermint Pattie, I get the sensation of floating somewhere way north in this laundromat..."

Remember that commercial anyone? Well, that's the sensation I get when strumming my new laminate tenor from Bonanza. So cool and fun! The pattern is Retro Mint and this uke is fabulously covered all over with little black and hot-pink pink boomerangs. There cannot possibly be anything cooler on the whole planet!

This baby is exactly what I wanted for my office, where it will be going with me first thing in the morning. Not a moment too soon, as the snow is flying as I write. Peppermint Pattie to the rescue!

The pics, of course. Don't mind Fiero. He likes huffin' the minty goodness, too.

IMG_5538.jpgIMG_5539.jpg

Beautiful cat. He may be checking out our 3 cats.

So will you just leave it at the office or bring her home for the weekend? Hopefully you will grace us with a recording.

Choirboy, yours gets started today.

Love the boomerangs! I've put a set of Aquila Reds on my Bonanza laminate and absolutely love the sound of it - it's getting by far the most play out of all my ukes at the moment. Enjoy!

That looks awesome! I like that minty pattern much better than the red w/yellow boomerangs, and this minty one has a certain 'Daddy-O' retro look that I think is really cool.

What body style is that? It seems a little different than the 'Flatlander'...

...Hopefully you will grace us with a recording.

+1 on the request for a sound or video sample. I'd love to hear it too. :music:

also, OhioBelle - Thanks for sharing! :)

Super groovy pattern. I really like that a lot.

Always read your NUD posts because I know they'll feature Fiero! :)

Congrats to the new uke!

Fiero does love NUDs! I'm sure he particularly enjoyed this one, now that I know Pete & Shelley's cats sent their greetings. Now if only I can teach him to PLAY the instruments... Pete, do yours play?

So the ukulele is still with me at home. Spending at least the weekend getting to know Peppermint Pattie before taking her into the office. Will this weekend include a recording session? All I have is an iPhone and I haven't ever tried recording on it. So the answer is.... maybe???

It's a good sounding uke with a bright, lovely chime. The laminate top is very thin which seems to allow for a lot of vibration. And do I detect Corian braces inside the box? Pete! Do tell!

Booli, that is our pear shape.

Thanks Pete!

What is your current lead time from order to ship date for a Flatlander or Pear-shaped 'Luna Night' pattern wilsonart-laminate instrument? (not sure what size I might want since I play all except soprano)...

Of course I know nothing is written in stone, but just to get an idea of the wait time...

Thanks! - Booli :)

Booli, We are in the process of moving to our new shop. I am currently completing 3 ukes as well as my regular products.

So best guess would be end of January at this time.

Just order one of each. See that was simple.

Congratulations on an awesome office uke. I remember when you started the thread asking opinions about what uke to get for your office. I love the shape.......very Kamaka Ohta San like. The peppermint patty boomerang pattern is da bomb!!!!!

Congrats, Belle!
And, you can flip it over, and use the back to make yourself a sandwich when strumming makes you hungry!

Top Bottom