Best humidifier

jjdejd

Reaction score
Humidifier question

Need to store my ukes for a few months. Which humidifiers last the longest? I realize it's going to eventually dry out, but not sure if one brand holds moisture longer than the others. Would two Herco's in the case be too much? Thanks.

Last edited:
I would go with a humidipack like Plant Wave has. They seem to not dry out as fast, drawback is the size.

Last edited:
Yep, the Humidipack is the way to go.............keeps humidity in the 45-55% range. Lasts a couple of months and is reusable. It is now marketed under the D'Addario brand name.

Yep, the Humidipack is the way to go.............keeps humidity in the 45-55% range. Lasts a couple of months and is reusable. It is now marketed under the D'Addario brand name.

I assume you would only use the extra pouch, since the other pouch fits a guitar? Thanks

Ya, just get the extra pouches. I've never had any oozing and you can recharge them buy putting them in a ziplock with an Oasis or other water crystal humidifier

In addition if you need to put your ukes into long term storage in a dry environment, I'd be putting them (case and all) inside large tupperware's or double garbage bags.

I bought and use the packs from boveda, who are the company that made them for daddario.

Pack of 4, I use 2 pouches per uke case. No need for the special pouch case.

45-50% consistent for my ukes.

I bought and use the packs from boveda, who are the company that made them for daddario.

Thanks, I assume you put both near the head?

What size ( number of oz) do you use? Thanks

I use two pouches. One at headstock. One under the neck at the storage compartment. I recharge Humidipacks by taking them put of pouches and stick then in a Tupperware ware container with water in it and a smaller Tupperware ware container inside to keeps packs above water level. Suggested by member on this forum. So far recharged twice and they work great. I also put oasis in the sound hole before I do a month away trip. Works great!

Where do you get the Boveda versions?. Link ? Thanks.

I assume you would only use the extra pouch, since the other pouch fits a guitar? Thanks
No, I use both pouches............one per uke. I just put them wherever they fit in the case.......not in the soundhole.

Top Bottom