A couple of new soprano's

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Trying out a new look for my instruments and started out on a couple of soprano's that went along for the ride in the last batch of commission builds. One from Brazilian Mahogany with a Huon Pine soundboard, the other in curly Australian Blackwood with Huon Pine Soundboard. Both having Indian Rosewood trim.

Soundboards are from the same larger guitars soundboard, so as close to identical as possible. And other than the back and sides species, everything else was built as identical as possible. And as I know you'll ask how they compare, to my limited playing ability, especially after nearly cutting my left index finger off 8 weeks ago, they are very close sounding indeed. The Blackwood might have just the ever so slight brighter edge.

First up the Mahogany version.

Mahogany and Huon Pine Soprano-3.jpgMahogany and Huon Pine Soprano-5.jpgMahogany and Huon Pine Soprano-6.jpgMahogany and Huon Pine Soprano-9.jpgMahogany and Huon Pine Soprano-8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely. Proportions are absolutely perfect as usual. Sound hole: Perfect... But Allen, I'm sorry to hear about the finger. That has gotta hurt. A private nightmare we all share. I take heart in hearing the word "nearly" and not "completely".

As always they look great and despite being sopranos couldn't have been made by anyone but you, even without your soundhole decoration.

Last edited:
Oval sound holes? Now you're just showing off. :p
They look great though

Top Bottom