Blackwood and Sitka Tenor

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Further to exploring a new look to my instruments with an elliptical sound hole, this one just completed.

Curly Australian Blackwood with some dead on the 1/4 Sitka Spruce. Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle bindings. Indian Rosewood fret board with compound radius. MISI acoustic trio pickup and Hipshot machine heads. All finished in a high gloss lacquer.

Blackwood and Sitka Tenor-4.jpgBlackwood and Sitka Tenor-5.jpgBlackwood and Sitka Tenor-7.jpgBlackwood and Sitka Tenor-2.jpgBlackwood and Sitka Tenor-9.jpg

I like the elliptical sound hole personally. Maybe not traditional or to everyone's taste, but I think it fits the proportions well. I'm guessing you are cutting them with your CAD/CAM? I might notch the fret board slightly less, but who am I to say since you are king of the perfect artistic proportion.

I like the oval sound hole too. But you should reserve it for the long neck models. That way, you can tell people that it started as a regular length model and you just s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d it out which is why the normally circular hole got elongated. :p

Allen, great work. Thanks for sharing it.

Jim Hanks I greatly enjoy your quirkiness. ��

Big fan of your work Allen, your design is always YOU. That's a great accomplishment.
Though I'm probably boring, I prefer your old sound hole design.

Great looking Tenor. I like the oval on this one. I particularly like the design of your bridge with the pins behind the actual bridge. Nice work as is every BR that I've seen pics of.

Super work Allen. I am a big fan of your stuff. Thank you for sharing.

Absolutely beautiful. An elegant, classic styling, even with the unusual sound hole. Bravissimo.

Beautiful as usual with all your work Allen.

Top Bottom