Sons of the Beach December 24 2016????

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm in Los Gatos, just over the (big, long) hill from Santa Cruz.

Does anyone know if the Sons of the Beach will be getting together on Saturday - Christmas Eve - at 10 AM as on the SJUC Calendar?

If it is going to happen, we will make the drive, but if not... just gonna stay here and work on the house.

Thanks!

-Kurt​

Thanks - the SotB web site was pretty blank from my phone, but I got through to it on my computer.

I've sent Donna an email.

I regret that I haven't been able to get up to any of the SF Ukulele Rebellion get togethers - I had a great time when i played with them in SF a few years back.

-Kurt​

Thanks - the SotB web site was pretty blank from my phone, but I got through to it on my computer.

I've sent Donna an email.

I regret that I haven't been able to get up to any of the SF Ukulele Rebellion get togethers - I had a great time when i played with them in SF a few years back.

-Kurt​

Hey Kurt - We San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion peeps had our annual Holiday Caroling and Kazoo Giveaway Event this past Sunday. I wish you could have been there. We made the 6:00 news. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwCaPFhyY-Q

Hey Kurt - We San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion peeps had our annual Holiday Caroling and Kazoo Giveaway Event this past Sunday. I wish you could have been there. We made the 6:00 news. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwCaPFhyY-Q

Yeah, I saw it listed, Mark, but we've only got the one vehicle available while we're here, and had to be back in Los Gatos by 4:30, so couldn't make it - or any of the SFUR get-togethers - while I'm here. We went to the SJUC Sunday afternoon, because it was 1:00 - 3:30, and nearby.

We're going to stop by and see a friend in San Mateo Friday who is a fairly new Uke player (I played at her dad's memorial service a couple of years ago, and she decided to learn to play after that), and if SotB aren't meeting Saturday, I'll most likely just sit and play in between chores while I'm here.

-Kurt​

There's a set list for December 24 -- including lots of Christmas songs -- posted on the Sons of the Beach website, so it looks like they ARE meeting. I go intermittently, but I don't think I can make it this coming Saturday.

There's a set list for December 24 -- including lots of Christmas songs -- posted on the Sons of the Beach website, so it looks like they ARE meeting. I go intermittently, but I don't think I can make it this coming Saturday.

Well, that is encouraging, especially since I haven't received a reply to my email. If the weather isn't crappy, we will probably make it over the hill.

Thanks, Mark - and Happy Holidays!

Well, it looks like a nice sunny day, but...

The temps at 10 am are between 39 and 43 degrees F - even if my fingers worked at that temp, I won't take my Donaldson uke out of its case when it is that cold. So I think I'm going to have to give it a pass.

Happy holidays, everyone!

-Kurt

Hi Kurt,

I was so surprised and thrilled to see you and Nancy at the SJUC Holiday jam last Sunday!

Happy Holidays and thanks again for those silly songs,

Gillian

Top Bottom