Strap stopper

and many times I've seen folks say that the rubber gasket that is on a Grolsch beer bottle works as well.

Yep. You can search "grolsch gaskets" on eBay or Amazon and find various colors and sizes for way less $ than the guitar-specific ones. I always keep a few in my uke cases to hand out to people who are having issues with their straps slipping off the button.

Yep. You can search "grolsch gaskets" on eBay or Amazon and find various colors and sizes for way less $ than the guitar-specific ones. I always keep a few in my uke cases to hand out to people who are having issues with their straps slipping off the button.

I'm a big fan of the genuine Grolsch branded strap locks for my guitars. They're a bit pricey here, at around $18 for four, but they come bundled with a good amount of free beer.

I've never had a need for strap locks on my ukuleles because they're so much lighter than guitars.

I'm a big fan of the genuine Grolsch branded strap locks for my guitars. They're a bit pricey here, at around $18 for four, but they come bundled with a good amount of free beer.

I've never had a need for strap locks on my ukuleles because they're so much lighter than guitars.

Dan I love that line "$18.00 for four rubber washers but comes with free beer". Rubber washers with benefits so to speak.

Yes!!! I've been wracking my brain for months trying to figure something out.
Thanks. Great thread.

I bought a pack of 25 of the Grolsch beer washers for about $6.00 from ebay a year or so ago. They work very well.

If you have a homebrew shop somewhere near you, they'll have the washers as well. All I've ever used on my basses and guitars.

Top Bottom